2

When Cale woke up he immediately realized he wasn't anymore in the beautiful garden but in his old room at the  Henituse mansion.

He quickly realized he was still in child form.
There was a knock on the door and the assassin butler maked is appearence in Cale life once again.
He felt a knot on his stomach, the same butler who was like a second father to him and that abbandon him when he was in the brink of death.
The child refuse to look at him in the face until he realized something.

"mother! Where is mother!? I need to see her!"

Ron maked an expression he never had in front of him in his first life.
Sadness and worry were on the man face.

"young master… the countess passed away yesterday,don't you remember?"

He was too late, once again he couldn't protect the person he loved the most.

"No! That's impossible! I demand to see her! Now!"

The child was now in tears
and pleaded with his servant desperately.
He ran to the entrance of the room, ignoring Ron completely.

When he was at the door to her mother's room he hesitated for a second before opening the door to find the room empty and cold, with the curtains drawn and the bed made.

When Ron arrived on the scene he immediately noticed his young master who was on the ground and hugging himself, crying.

He knelt beside the child and started caressing his back gently.
This was not how the butler imagined things to end, he hadn't seen that kind of scenario coming But then again, that was life.

When the boy finally stopped bawling the butler took him into his arms and stood up easily, still holding him carefully, supporting his weight as if he might disappear at any given moment.
Ron led him to the bathroom where he helped Cale undress before helping the young man wash himself.
After washing himself the child dried his hair and put on some fresh clothes.

"in the afternoon there will be the funeral.
You will need to wear this"

Ron said handing him a black suit.

"Is it alright if i don't go?"

Asked Cale while looking at the clothes.
He didn't want to have to revive that orrible moment once again.
The people telling him how heartless he was for not crying and how the only people approaching him was because they were greedy and wanted to use that one moment of weakness to create a relationship you have more power.

Ron frowned upon hearing that answer.

"that's impossible, young master, the countess already left behind an entire country and thousands of people. You need to understand the situation, your father need you by his side and so do you"

The butler advised and guided him to the dining table which was set for two.
They sat down opposite each other silently. The food had been prepared and served by the maids. There was no trace of hunger and the atmosphere in the room was suffocating
Cale ate the food quietly while his father not even dare to looked at him in the eyes.
Cale sighed loudly as if frustrated by his situation.

"You should eat, it has been a day since you last ate"

Cale said trying to convince his father to eat even just a little bit, instead of listening Deruth stood up and walked out of the dinning room he murmured
"Im sorry, i can't" with a hand on his mouth as he was about to throw up, leaving Cale alone in his thoughts.

"What a useless father"

The butler mumbled quietly under his breath, feeling like the weight of the world was crushing his shoulders.

When his and his son's home was destroyed and his wife died, he knew he had to protect and be there for his son. Not like this wimp who ran away from his son simply because he looked like the decessed countess.

If only he had known...
He would have fought the lord himself so that Cale wouldn't feel so lonely.

The butler thought bitterly.
A maid brought in some tea, she handed it to Cale, who drank it immediately.
It tasted horrible,it was sour.
Cale spat it all out and Ron noticing his puppy young master reaction smiled genuinely.

"Do you want me to change it young master?"

"Yes please bring me some cookies and sweet tea"

He requested.
Ron nodded and left. A minute later, he came back holding one cup of tea and a plate of cookies.

He carefully laid them on the table.
Cale reached for the cookies and started to munch on them.

"Thank you"

Cale mumbled through half full mouth.
Ron hummed in acknowledgment

"I apologize young master, if i could be of any service to you, please tell me"

Cale shook his head softly and finished the rest of the cookies in silence.
After finishing the tea and the cookies Ron escorted Cale in his bedroom to change for the funeral.
In the room there were already the clothes ready to be worn.

"do you need any help?"

"No, thanks"

As Cale entered the dressing room Ron closed the door and went outside.
The butler stood by the door, watching the child slowly change his clothing and his hair styled up neatly in a ponytail.

When Cale was done Ron opened the door and guided him out.
The butler led the boy towards the funeral hall, which was already filled with people who were there to use this opportunity for increasse their power.

Everyone around seemed to recognize the young master, some even approached him, offering condolences
Cale's eyes wandered around in wonder
He saw some familiar faces like Eric Wheelsman, Amiru Ubar and Gilbert Chetter.  They greeted him warmly making his heart warm.

After some time , it was almost time to start the burial.
Cale watched the butler place the flowers he had bought in the coffin, he turned towards him after a while, asking in confusion

"where is my father?"

"your father is currently inside the mansion, he said he wanted some freshman water"

"couldn't he asked a maids to bring him some water?"

"young master, i think the count just wanted some time for himself"

Cale nodded his head and followed the butler to the gravesite.
Cale stood at the corner of the graveyard not wanting to intrude. He had always disliked crowds. However, today was different. He needed to attend.
So what if his father hated him and never wanted to talk to him again? Will things change from his past life?

A few minutes later his father joined him there.
Deruth glanced at him and didn't say anything.
They stood together in silence. After that the mourners started to leave.
After the ceremony has ended and everyone had leave,  Cale went home and took a nice hot bath.
When he stepped out of the tub his muscles relaxed and let go off the tension that he didn't realize was forming there.

He fall asleep knowing something was wrong but he didn't know what.

.

.

.

.

.

The next day his father was gone without a trace.
He left without a word and no one of the servants dare to say where he was.