7

"I'm so sorry, I should have been there for you, it's all my fault, I understand if you won't forgive me"

Said the king kneeling in front of the bed after they had washed, dried and changed Alberu who was now warm under the covers.

"it's ok, your majesty"

"please don't call me that"

Said Zed with a sad smile

"I'm still your father no matter what"

replied his father with tears welling up in his eyes.

"Father..."

Alberu wanted to say something but he was interrupted by a knock at the door.

"yes?"

Said the king to whoever was at the other side.

"Your majesty i am afraid that young master Henituse seems to caused some trouble"

came a servant's voice through the door.

"What did he do?"

Asked a worried Alberu

"It's for the best if his majesty see it himself"

"fine"

responded Zed sighing deeply as he went towards the door.
He turned around to face Alberu

"you stay here, i will take care of everything"

"please don't punish Cale too arshly, even if he did something wrong. He is like a brother to me"

"I will try"

"thanks... father"

Hearing the prince call him father the king smiled and followed the servant to where the redhead was.
When he got inside the guest room where the boy resided he found the room destroyed and Cale in the center holding a letter and his face was filled with anger and hatred.

"how!... how dare he!"

shouted Cale as he clenched the letter so tightly.

"Calm yourself child, please take a seat and explain to me what happened"

said Zed as he took a seat from the ground to sit down.

"he... he coming back! After abandoning me for months!"

The redhead tried to explain angrily to the king.
Seeing the child in distress, the king enclosed him in an embrace and held him tightly to himself.
Immediately Cale burst into tears because he had forgotten how a hug from an adult could feel.

" shh, shhhh, it's ok to cry when needed"

said the king gently caressing the child's hair, hoping that it would calm him a bit.
Cale was shaking and sobbing uncontrollably due to how angry he was with his father.

"I have an idea but we need your and Alberu permission before we can do it, i will explain everything, don't worry"

Said the king as he lifted Cale from the ground and taked him to Alberu's room.
When they got there the redhead was realised from the embrace of the king that he ran towards the bed.

"are you ok? Are you sick? Did they hurt you a lot?"

Asked Cale worriedly.

"Im ok, don't worry"

replied the pale prince in a weak voice.

"alright, i need to tell you something "

explained Zed nervously.