16

When Kim finished throwing the bread in the hole, he and Cale were about to go home when a little boy bumped into them and ran away with a face full of anxiety. Being curious and worried about the boy, they followed him into a shack.

They ended up being surprised by the scene that was unfolded in front of them.
On the wooden floor, a bunch of little kids,
From 0 to 12 years.
All were dressed in rags and were very malnourished and dehydrated.
The two immediately noticed that one of the children was lying on the ground and had his head resting on the legs of a girl, who seemed to be the oldest of the group of 8 children. The child was clearly ill and the two could not leave them like this.

There was also a baby probably no more than 6 months old who was being held by a boy with white hair and red eyes.
Cale noticed one thing, all the kids were of different races.

The boy with the white hair was clearly a vampire, the 12 years old girl with the kid on her legs and pink hair was an elf or half elf by her pointy ears and the child in her arm had ginger hair, he was from the fox tribe.
The newborn was clearly a dragon and you could tell by the red scales it had on some parts of its little body.
A 7 year old girl with green hair and red eyes, she smells like a demon and the boy next to her, 8 years old blond hair and pink eyes was clearly an angel by his smell. finally two twins, 9 years old, who had dark skin, dark purple hair and yellow eyes, dark elves.

'how an angel and demon are here?!'

Thought Cale

"How come these kids are here? how they managed to survive till now?"

asked Cale as he looked at the orphans that were laying on the floor and covered in dirt and mud.
The children became aware of the two boys who were standing at the entrance.

"w-who are you?!"

screamed the girl holding onto her brother. The older siblings tried to calm her down but failed.

"It's ok! They are good people! I saw them giving bread to some kids!"

Said the vampire kid tha run into them.

"we just want to help you, we can take care of you and your siblings"

Kim sai trying not to scare the kids.

"Are you really good people? Will you take care of us?"

She looked at Kim. Her expression had turned colder after she heard what he said.

'They are probably lying, as soon as we let our guard down who knows what they will do to us. Seeing from their clothes they are rich or noble or both. '

Thought the girl with pink hair and green eyes.

"how can we trust you?"

she said coldly.

"they are good people! You can trust them!"

Said a little voice behind the boys, the turned around and looked toward the source of the sound.
What greeted their eyes were the kids they give the bread before.

"noona! They are the kids they helped!"

Said once again the vampire to his sister.

"we don't have other choice but to trust them! Voss is sick and need help! We NEED to trust them!"

One of the dark elves girls said quickly, trying her best to stop them from arguing further.

"come with us! We will help your brother, we promise you that we will give you a comfortable bed to sleep on and warm, delicius meals every day"

Said Cale as he spoke with a soft tone and gentle smile.
That seemed to convince some of the kids to come closer. Their eyes shone brighter than ever as Cale approached.

"Can we go?"

Asked the angel quietly with hopeful expressions and wide eyes.

"of course sweetheart"

Said the redhead gently to the boy as he then smiled kindly and gestured to Kim to take the children.

"let's go"

Kim said then extended his hands to the pink-haired girl as a sign of picking up the sick child.
The reluctant girl passed the boy and then got up off the ground.

Luckily it was noon and so everyone was at home eating or at work so the streets were deserted.

The guards looked at them as if they were kidnapping the children.
When they arrived at the mansion, Ron was waiting for them.

Young master, Krs, you're back with... Children? "

He said confuse at the sight of the 10 children.

" they are children i will take care off but first we need to call a doctor for this little one"

Said the redhead as he pointed at the 3 years old fox boy.

"Yes sir"

replied Ron.
Afterward, they went inside the mansion and immediately called the doctor