3

Cale was  sitting at a table sipping on tea and eating sweets while thinking about everything that happened in the last months.
since his father departure he had to work as a count except for the document who needed Deruth firm or where urgent and important.
His butler was constantly checking if he's fine.
his work was extremely difficult and there was also many non nobles who treated him badly.
He tried to stay away from them, he did.
But when he felt like he couldn't stand being surrounded by them anymore, he would just sneak away from his responsibilities.

It took him three hours to finish the document, it was very frustrating.
The only good thing was that he managed to get some peace in between.
However, his peaceful days weren't endless.
After spending three weeks in the mansion without leaving because of the work that kept piling up, Cale finally decide to take a bath, change clothes and go for a stoll.
As soon as he got to his room he started getting ready to take a bath, Ron helped him with his clothes and prepared the hot water. He joyfully stepped into the tub with Ron scrubbing and soaping him. Finished washing, Cale was all clean, he changed and prepared to go out.

Just as Ron was about to open the door a thump could be heard behind them. When they turned around they were surprised to find a boy not much older than Cale, full of wounds with blue eyes and short blond hair. Cale recognized him immediately, he was the first prince of the Roan kingdom, Alberu Crossman.

"What-"

Before he could ask anything the boy collapsed on the ground because of his injuries and from the shock.

"What happened?"

Ron exclaimed kneeling beside him.

"Who's this young master? Do you know him? "

Ron asked with his usual smile.

"This young boy is the first prince of the Roan Kingdom, i don't know why is here or how he get in here but we can ask him after he wake up, now he need tratement"

While saying that Ron picked Alberu up and carried him on the bed.
Meanwhile Cale was standing there looking at the unconscious Alberu.
His gaze was fixed on the bruises and cuts on the child's face and body.

"you must be hungry"

Ron told him while smiling.

"I'm going to go in the kitchen so my son can prepare you something to eat"

"I am not hungry"

"I know but you need to eat young master"

"ugh! Fine!"

Cale replied annoyed, he didn't feel like eating but he had no choice, Ron bowed and smiled, he headed towards the kitchen and left Cale alone with Alberu.

'What could possibly have happened to him? An attempted assassination?'

"yes, it's obvious, he is a prince. This is normal for him"

Cale said to himself  while staring blankly at the unconscious boy.
It wasn't an uncommon occurrence for noble to have assassins try to kill them, he had seen enough. But the first prince was neglected by the king and his power and influence was very little over the kingdom and his people.
Even if he was the first prince you could see his clothes were old and too small for him. He was the skinniest prince ever seen in history.

This made Cale think, what if he could use his influence as a son of an earl as an excuse to protect the prince so that when he becomes king he would have privileges and a good relationship with each other.

Yes it was a compelling excuse and it sure wasn't because he reminded him of himself, he too was neglected by his father and spent 20 years in the war to see his father dead and die themselves.