14

Cale was standing in front of Kim Rok Soo's bedroom door to pick him up.
Kim was ready to meet the first prince.
He was already expecting to find Alberu with a totally different personality.
When Cale arrived he was still a little scared even though he was used to the sight of blood and death, seeing a 15 year old do such a thing was quite traumatic.
Cale could immediately feel the fear emanating from Kim and being that fear is a negative emotion he felt like someone was punching him in the chest. He wasn't used to the curse yet.
He put a hand on his chest and tightened his grip on it.

Kim looked at Cale with concerned expression and waited for him to say something.

"are you ok?"

He asked in a worried voice.
The fear was replaced with worry.

"y-yeah Im ok!"

Said Cale weakly as he smiled

"if you say so"

"let's go, we don't wanna be late, right?"

The redhead said after the pain in his chest had go away but when they were in their way to the teleportation circle it come back.

Why?

The servants.

They felt disgust and hatred towards him.

When they arrive at the palace through the teleportation circle the atmosphere lightened.

In the palace, people knew him for his true personality.

Sweet, kind, caring Cale who loves his family, loved his friends and loves animals, he cares about everyone and everything unless you touch the things or people he care about.
If that the case no one can save you from his wrath.

He is the god of protection and love, he is bound to protect the things and people he love with everything he got.

"Hyung!"

Screamed the redhead as soon he saw the prince.
Alberu was 18, Krs was 17 and Cale 15.
The blonde was going to become crown prince next month.

"you are here!... Who is he?"

Asked Alberu looking curiously at Kim.

"Im Kim rok soo"

Said Kim with a big smile and offered his hand out to the blonde.

"hyung i told you i would have introduced you to my... friend"

Said the youngest of the group.

"sorry, i forgot"

Alberu said with a blush as he took Kim's hand

"its fine"

Said Cale trying to appear as nonchalant about it as possible while secretly wishing that the two boys would became friends.
They spent the day talking and having fun.
.
.
.
.
"why are you wearing a veil?"

Asked Alberu curious

"I am afraid to show myself"

said Cale smiling sadly as he thought about what just occurred that morning.
The gods can make mistakes.
Cale was in the wrong but the punishment was a little too big for a child like him.
Yes, his mind was the one of an adult but in godly age he was just a baby god.

"why are you afraid?"

asked the blonde in confusion.

"i almost killed someone yesterday"

he said quietly.

Silence filled the room.
Cale lifted his veil to show his face.

"the gods punished me for acting out of my attribuite! But i tried to protect Kim, that my attribute! Love, protection and sacrifice!"

"why did they do it then?"

Asked Alberu to Cale forgeting about Kim being in the room with them.
Cale sighed as he began to think of an explanation

"I punished someone who was in the wrong, i protect Kim and his innocence. I didn't do anything wrong"

The redhead explained while staring into the blue orbs in front of him, trying to decipher the meaning behind those eyes.
Alberu frowned at the response

"do you think the gods punished you for something else besides hurting someone to protect Kim?"

Alberu continued
Cale stared at him blankly for a few minutes before giving him a small nod.

"it means that something else was behind the crime and you have to figure out what that could be"

came Kim's reply.

"what?"

asked Cale

"the gods punished you for doing something that you had not done, someone is probably behind everything "

came Krs answer.

"Who? "

asked Cale feeling his stomach begin to twist and turn. He didn't want to think about the possibility that the gods may have been punishing him for no reason.

"We dont know yet"

answered Krs as he caressed Cale's
forehead with a tender gesture.

"we will find out why they did it once we find the culprit"

said Kim reassuringly while putting his hand Cale's.
Cale's thoughts went to the same place again

"but who would do that? And why?... "

His heart stopped beating for a second and he was sweating uncontrollably. Why would the gods punish him if they were supposed to keep him happy and safe.

"who knows? Maybe we'll find that person soon"

responded Kim softly
The redhead nodded and let out a sigh of relief. He felt better once his head was placed between Krs hands.