9

After two days of lying in bed and being ill, Alberu recovered from the fever that struck him.
Cale and Ron took good care of him and even the king was worried about his son's fever.
When the prince woke up he could feel lighter and better than the previous days.
As he woke up he noticed Cale sleeping peacefully in his bed and Ron trying to wake him up.

"young master, it's morning"

whispered Ron while gently tapping the boy.

"Mmm... five more minutes..."

whined Cale and pulled the covers closer over his head, but that didn't stop Ron from shaking the redhead shoulder, the nine years old groaned in annoyance and tried to pull the cover over himself.

"it's 7:00 in the morning."

Sneaked a small laugh at Ron comment.

"so?"

asked Cale without opening his eyes.

"you have class today."

said Ron.
The boy slowly removed the covers and stretched his body before sitting down on the bed.

"good morning Cale"

Said Alberu startling the redhead.

"are you ok now?"

Asked the little god while running over Alberu's bed.

"yea... i am"

replied Alberu with a bright smile.

"good"

Replied Ron while looking at the blonde.

"let's go and get something to eat"
decided Alberu while getting off the bed.

"I'm coming! "

Shouted Cale.
Both boys went to the dining room and once they arrived, they sat in front of each other and ate happily.
After breakfast Alberu asked Ron about his schedule for the day and the butler told him.

"you'll have classes all morning, classes start at 9:00"

Reminded Ron.
Alberu nodded before going to his room to get ready.
While Alberu was in the middle of his lessons Cale was still handling the affairs of the Henituse territory even though the king had told him not to worry about it. The redhead, however, continued to work and work despite everything. He had a lot of documents and other things behind him because he hadn't worked for a couple of days to take care of his hyung.

Just before Alberu's lessons started he had given him the necklace and explained its functions to the dark elf.

"So are you telling me that you are a god, your parents are gods, Deruth Henituse is not your real father and this necklace was specially made by a god for me? "

" Yes"

"You really suck at making jokes"

said Alberu rolling his eyes.

"but seriously, you know this isn't a joke right?"

asked Cale with a serious expression.

"yeah... i kinda figured"

replied Alberu laughing quietly.

"how so?"

"It's not like you're acting that normal, seeing what you've told me your behavior would make sense"

"my behavior? What does it have to do with it?"

"You stopped your classes as soon as Count Deruth left and you started doing his job. Everything you do seems calculated like you're trying to prevent something. Like you know the future. And then your aura is too... too majestyc"

"really?"

"The first time I saw you I almost thought you were a dragon"

After that conversation Cale locked himself in his office and started working like crazy.

Was it really that simple to discover his identity?
Who else knew?
Who had suspicions?

He had to be more careful and that's why he decided to drowning himself in work so as to limit his contact with people so as to keep the people around him safe.

Three days have now passed and Cale was still locked up in his office. He ate very little and did not sleep.
Everyone was very worried about him and his healt.

It was afternoon and Cale was so busy that he did not notice the carriage which had just arrived.

It was his father.

He was back.

Obviously Ron rushed to inform his young master of the arrival of the count together with some unknown people.

When the butler opened the door his eyes widened.
His young master was pale as a sheet and his nose was bleeding all over the papers but that didn't stop him from continuing to write.
It seemed that he didn't even realize what was happening, as if he was in a trance.

After a while Cale noticed the butler's presence and looked up.

"Do you feel OK?"

The worried assassin asked

"of c-"

Before he could finish the sentence he coughed up blood, lost consciousness and fell to the ground.
Immediately Ron ran to his side and carried him to his room, to his bed. He called a doctor, priests and took some high grade healing potions.

After a while the count and the strangers learned of what had happened and Deruth immediately ran to see the conditions of his son. He felt extremely guilty for abandoning his son.