15

The next day Cale went for a morning walk around town with Kim to settle his thoughts and worries.
The problem was, because of his new power, the walk would have been excruciating if they hadn't gone in the morning when it was less crowded. So Cale and Kim woke up early and went for a walk.
Meanwhile they were walking the redhead's hand touched that of the boy with dark hair and the little god noticed that in that second the little pain he had was gone.
He wanted to try one thing.

"Can I hold your hand?"

The boy asked shyly, blushing under the veil. Thanks to the veil, Kim didn't see the blush on Cale's face.

"...sure..."

Krs said awkwardly, just when their hands touched the pain disappeared.

"it works!"

The redhead said happily

"what works?"

"when our hands touch my pain goes away"

Cale said happily and it earned him a smile and a giggle from Kim.

"I'm happy for you"

"Aren't you uncomfortable? Are you?"

"No, on the contrary, it feels good"

The little god's face lit up at those words.

Meow

Meow

The two turn to see some dirty kittens. Cale noticed a bakery and walked over to get some bread for the kittens.

"y-young master, w-what can i do f-for you?"

The owner stammered but his face changed when he saw that they were holding hands. Fear turned to disgust and Cale noticing his expression let go of Kim's hand and a wave of pain hit him.

Cale gritted his teeth in pain and Krs noticing this ordered for him.

"give us everything you have, from here to here"

Kim said pointing all over the bread counter.

"now!"

Kim said angry because the owner was still motionless and he wanted to leave as soon as possible due to Cale's condition.

After they had taken the bread they put it in a spatial bag. When they were far enough Cale asked

"Why did you take all this bread?"

He asked confused

"I have to do something important"

"ok"

The two approached the kittens and slowly broke up their bread so they could eat it.

The kittens were approximately 4 and 7 years old. The cat with the red fur four years and the one with the silver fur seven.

When they had finished the two boys got up and not knowing what to do Cale followed Kim into the slumps.

"why we are here?"

"you'll find out"

Cale, not wanting to meddle any more, took his hand and they both walked in silence.

Cale and Kim could feel people peeking at them as soon as they entered the slums. This was the place where both the idlest and the most vicious people lived together.

Although the poor may not know the face of their liege, the count, they knew Cale's face. These people who had nothing needed to pay even closer attention to the type of person that would cause a ruckus in the market, pub, plaza, well, you name it, and Cale has probably caused a ruckus there too.

Kim was heading toward the top of that hill. As he got closer, the gazes and steps of the people following them started to lessen as well. Cale's sharp glare probably played a role in this as well.

'It's better here.'

After being freed from the stench, Kim stood at the top of the hill and turned around to look down at Western City.

Krs came back to his senses as he headed toward a tree that was fenced off in all directions. The fence, that was made of planks had an entrance that had rotted. It was easily broken once Cale pushed at the fence.

This large tree seemed to have lasted for hundreds of years. Trees in the slums were usually chopped into firewood or had its layers peeled off to make it useless, but this tree was not like that.

"You can't approach that t-tree!"

Kim ignored that warning. He heard another worried voice as well.

"You can't go there! It's a man-eating tree!"

A man-eating tree. Anyone who hung themselves on this tree became mummies overnight. Furthermore, any blood that lands on this tree instantly disappeared.

Finally, there was only dirt around this tree. Grass, and even weeds, were nowhere to be found.

This was the tree that Krs was looking for.

Kim took a bread out of the bag and carefully observed a hole that was the size of an adult's head. He needed to first send away the owner of that voice before starting his work. However, before Cale could even say anything, the voice was even louder this time as they could no longer see Krs from outside the fence because he crouched down. The voice was shaking quite a bit.

"You're going to die! Don't do it!"

frowned as he turned his head around. When he did, he noticed a girl who seemed to be around 7 years old, holding her younger brother's hand while looking at him. Her eyes were full of concern.

Seeing that Cale was frowning and staring at her, the young girl stumbled on her words and started to mumble.

"It's a man-eating tree. You're going to d, die."

"I won't die."

"the children are right, this is a dangerous tree"

Finally spoked Cale.

Kim took two breads out of the bag and threw it toward the little girl. It didn't matter if it rolled on the ground because they were all individually wrapped.

"Take that and get lost."

The young boy instantly grabbed the bread, but the young girl was still hesitating. In the end, Cale needed to use his identity to make the kids go away from that dangerous place.
He stood up and pushed his head outside of the fence.

"You two don't know about Cale the trash?"

The young girl's face turned pale. Her younger brother just looked toward Cale before picking up the other bread for his sister and started to tug on her arm.

"Noona."

"Uh huh."

The young girl looked back and forth at the tree and Cale even as she was being pulled.

"You can't die."

Kim clicked his tongue at the young girl who continued to say that, before making sure nobody else was around as he sat down underneath the tree. Nobody would be able to see what he was doing unless they came right up to the fence.

"Let's get started."