Chapter 1

HAKU MONTERIVER

IN THIS WORLD full of lovers, I'm just here on the side having coffee. Coffee is my pleasure, it gives me strength, it makes me calm and feel relaxed.

It makes me more happy when I'm having coffee here on Hearts Coffee. Of the many coffee shops I've been to here in Los Angeles, this is the best of all.

Their coffee tastes just right, not too sweet and not too bitter.

Everything here is simple yet aesthetic. From their mugs that are only light in color and have cute stickers. The painted colors on their walls are pleasing to the eye.

The designs are beautiful, from the tables, floors and even their cashier area with quotes hanging on the wall.

Every time I was here I always saw myself delighted even when I was alone. Yes, I'm smiling now as I look around inside Hearts Coffee, but that gets faded because of the lovers I see here.

Tsk, why is it wherever I go, I always see damn couples.

There's no problem with that, maybe I still have the habit from childhood of not being very into love.

I'm fine with what I am now. Good looking, tall, rich, hot as hell, and damn single.

This mug right in front of me is the luckiest thing on earth. My soft hands holding it. And now my lips are slowly closer on it. Until I finally sip what's inside on his heart, a hot and sweet taste of love.

"You're my favorite, I love you." I said it smiley on the coffee mug I hold in.

My eyes are now focused on the mug I'm holding. But I looked up when I felt someone approach in front of me.

"There you are again, talking to your favorite mug, as if it was your girlfriend, or should I say boyfriend. Son, how many times do I have to tell you to find a sweetheart." The way Mama Vina smiled it was obvious that she laughed.

I just smiled back and continued sipping my coffee. She still has the smile on her face while slowly taking a sit beside me. "Haku, you're the most handsome and kindest boy I've ever met." She said.

I stopped drinking coffee and looked at her with crossed eyebrows, I was seriously looking at her eyes. But she just laughed.

"Oh come on Haku, I'm not like the others who scared when you look like that. I know you well, even though you're like that, you still have love in your heart." She smiled again.

I was holding back laughing and she noticed it, so she gently held my head and ruffled my hair.

Mama Vina is not my mom, but every time we're together she makes me feel like I'm her son.

She is the owner of this Hearts Coffee, so we became close to each other because I was here often. I always want the taste of their coffee.

Also one of the reason is that we are both Filipinos. Yes, I have foreign blood because of the different races of my parents, but I'm proud Pinoy.

In fact, I was born in the Philippines and spent several years there.

While Mama Vina married an American and became a citizen here.

Because we're so close to each other, I think I have told him almost everything in my life from my childhood when I was in the Philippines until I was a young man.

I sighed and looked at Mama Vina who was next to me. "I'm gonna miss you, Mama Vina." I said seriously.

He was smiling, but I could still see the sadness on her face.