Chapter 13

HAKU MONTERIVER

I JUST finished taking shower, now I'm staring at my self in the mirror while only wearing a white towel.  I slowly touched my cheek and smiled as I remembered what Tian did to me earlier.

I don't feel pain or anger from that punch because of course he was the one who did it, I would probably be really angry with other people.

I went out to get dressed.  After I got dressed I sat on the bed. I looked at the time and it's 11 in the evening but I'm not sleepy yet. I have so many thoughts, everything that happened since I came back to the Philippines is still fresh in my mind.

I went to bed because I had nothing else to do.  I wanted to sleep but my mind was disturbing me, it's always like this, I always think about what happened to Tian and me in the past few days. It's like everything is on rewind.

From what happened at the airport that I had just returned here and I immediately saw him. Fate really acted differently. Who would have thought that our reunion happened so quickly.

It's a special day for me, my heart is complete at that moment. The only thing that hurts is that he won't remember me.

No matter how hard I tried to bring my face closer to him inside the car, I didn't see any excitement or joy on his face. I was just like a stranger in his eyes.

I expected that because we were separated for 10 years and he has this memory condition. I saw on the news, he confesses that he forgets past events especially when he hasn't seen someone for a long time.

I also thought of our second meeting, at the Music Festival.  I was happy when I saw him there, because I found out that his love for music still hasn't disappeared.  Especially to all songs of the band Coastline.

That night, it was like I was brought back to the past when we were kids and we were listening to Coastline songs together.

When they sang Make You Mine while Tian and I were close together, I really wanted to admit to him that I was his childhood friend, but it didn't seem like it's the right time.

I didn't want that night to end without making him feel that I loved him so much, so I hugged him tightly and touched his face while he slept in my arms.

I also did not expect that we would meet at HA. I was very thrill and excited when I found out that they will do taping there for a new movie.  So I'd be often see him there. I'm happy, but I don't want to show him, especially since he only felt anger towards me.

I pretended to be calm, not caring about everything, not caring about him.  But in truth, I always watched him whenever they were shooting. I always looked for him inside the campus. I always thought about him.

I started to make him feel that I want us to be close to each other when we kissed inside the classroom.

I smiled to show him that there was nothing wrong with what happened, nothing to be ashamed of and that I was comfortable with him.

Since then I've been teasing him, even though he's always mean to me.  The thing that makes me more happy is that my wish every night has come true, I got closer to him.

Because he accidentally bumped into me in the comfort room and spilled the coffee, he was then carried my uniform. I begin to have a better relationship with him.

I also didn't like the attitude I showed him that I soiled my own uniform, but that's all I thought about so that I could be with him again at home, even for a while.