Chapter 4

Chapter 4 - Now That's Just Impossible

Olivia Watson pulled out a hand and reached for the novel on the bookshelf. She hugged it tightly, spinning around. As she was about to sit back and devour the book, a wheezing sound was heard in the distance.

The strong blow making her hair dance in the wind. She turned around to find a blue police box behind her. She held up the book above her head, her eyes widen with shock and terror. But this time, it wasn't the peculiar woman.

No. This time, it was a different person. The police box door opened slightly, and a man wearing a brown suit came out of the doors. He never appeared in her dreams before. This was something... new.

There was a wide grin plastered across his face. "Ah, hello there." He waved a hand at her, smiling. "I'm the Doctor."

... And then Olivia woke up from the dream. She looked around to find herself laying on the ground, with Arthur and a random teacher standing beside her. "... Olivia, can you hear me? Are you okay?"

*****

The Doctor grinned widely as the wind blew at his hair. He was riding on top of a gigantic eagle, glancing at the Feather Kingdom down below as the eagle flew at a fast speed, extending his wings. The feeling was similar to riding the Tardis with the door open, looking down at planet Earth from high above.

Forests past by and trees swung by before his eyes. "The view is amazing from up here!" He exclaimed, and the eagle gave a slight nod towards the right and flapped his wings, flying in a different direction.

They had practically flew across the entire planet — the planet is quite small, smaller than Earth, but to him it was still a splendidly beautiful planet. The tropical forests and trees that felt as if they almost reached the high heavens. Just... Beautiful.

Then suddenly a loud high-pitched screeching buzz sound rung in the Doctor's ears. His ears popped, and he couldn't think properly, the loudness taking over his mind and his thoughts. He covered his ears and closed his eyes to try and stop the painful screeching sound, but it didn't dial down.

He shook his head, trying to get rid of the high-pitched sound. But no. In fact, it just got even louder. Louder and LOUDER and LOUDER and...

"Is everything alright over there, Doc?" The eagle looked behind for a short while and questioned telepathically, concerned. The Doctor was awfully quiet in all of a sudden, and through the entire journey he could never keep his mouth shut for more than 10 seconds, so something's definitely going wrong.

"My head..." the Doctor muttered under his breath, the screeching sound still buzzing. "It hurts."

"It's probably nothing," the eagle replied. "It happens more often than you think. A lot of people who ride along with me for the first time experienced headaches. I don't blame them though, you know — first time flying through the clouds and all that."

"No, no. I fly in a Tardis... and no offence, but it goes way higher than this, so I shouldn't be getting headaches because of that." The Doctor mumbled, his voice weak, unlike his usual tone.

"What's happening to me...?" He frowned slightly as the loud high-pitched voices continued to ring in his ears and everything around him disappears and he loses his consciousness.

*****

The Doctor blinked his eyes open to find himself buried under water. He found it to be gentle and cooling, his dark brown hair flowing in the water. His suit was wet and his tie floated above the surface. His mind relaxed and the eerie screeching sounds (or whatever that was) quiet down.

He sighed in relief as he got out of the water and the breezy air blew on his face, drying his hair. He took a deep breath. He found himself laying down in a flowing river with the eagle and a few birds surrounding him. "Are you okay now, Doctor?"

"Where am I?" He looked around. His shirt was soaked in the water.

"Our river has healing abilities," one of the birds replied. "It can cure all sickness and diseases in the universe. It should help with the headache." He shot a grateful look at them.

"Thank you," the Doctor replied with a smile. "But I don't think this is just a random headache. I'm sorry but I have to go now — I need to track down whatever was causing that sound."

"What sound?"

"Exactly what I'm trying to figure out," he said. "Thank you again for everything."

"But Doctor, the healing process takes at least 6 hours. You have to rest — you can't go yet, you're only an hour in. The headache may come back, worse than before." The eagle said.

The Doctor hesitated for a while.
"I'm sorry," he said, stubborn as always. "I've got to go."

*****

As he walked inside the police box, the Tardis groaned slightly, as if she knew something was wrong. His face was pale, and he looked sick. In fact, he felt sick — and the screeching sound had returned, just like they said.

Water dripped all over the Tardis floor as he walked towards the computer screen and typed a few words on the keyboard. The Doctor immediately jumped when he saw a distress signal coming from an ordinary middle school in the centre of London.

He bounced in excitement, acting much like a child when he opens his Christmas present.

But then his brows suddenly furrowed when he saw a great force of energy coming from the signal's direction, as shown on the screen. And he was even more bewildered when he saw that the force wasn't just a signal trying to call out to him — it was pulling the Tardis towards its direction, located billions of light years away and thousands of years ahead in the future.

"What...?" He frowned as the Tardis started shaking, as if it it was being moved. Being pulled into the signal's direction by force. But it can't be...

It simply can't. This signal would have to be stronger than the Tardis. But how can there be a force even compatible to the Tardis itself!?

"That's... impossible," the Doctor's eyes widen as he muttered to himself, looking at the screen again to make sure his eyes hadn't deceived him. "Now that's just impossible."

But he was proved wrong when the Tardis started to shake even more, and the Doctor held against the railing to prevent himself from falling.... And then, the shaking finally stopped.

He opened the door slowly to find the Tardis landed back on Earth, in the 21st century of London. There in front of him stood a girl with a school uniform. She wore a white t-shirt and a red skirt, with the words "R.M.S" written boldly above the small squared pocket of her t-shirt.

She has blonde wavy hair and a beautiful smile that reminded him of Rose. "Ah, hello there." He waved a hand. "I'm the Doctor."