Chapter 29

Author's Note

I've decided to make a Truth or Dare chapter this time 'round, because why not?

*****

Chapter 29 - Truth or Dare

Olivia, Jack and Joltea ran past dead Daleks and sprinted through the hallways. Joltea leaded the way (seeing as she knew her way around the spaceship) and quickly reached in front of the hallway that led to the Doctor's cell. Olivia supposed it must be the hardest to break in, considering the Time Lord prisoner's history with Davros and all.

There was a password they had to type in on a small tablet screen beside the large metal door that blocked between them and the cell. Joltea held up the Dalek gunstick and shot it, sparks flying everywhere as the tablet broke and the metal door opened automatically due to 'technical malfunctioning'.

When the door lifted, they saw an army of Daleks who were tasked with guarding the door and making sure no one enters and interferes with their plan. Joltea had somehow managed to silent the shots of ray beams from the gunstick and killed all of them before they even managed to utter the word "Exterminate!".

They ran and found the door to the Doctor's cell. It was made of wood, surprisingly, unlike any other door in the spaceship. It was locked right. They peered into the small window on the door, finding Davros inside, sitting on his high throne, holding up his whip and hitting the Doctor. Blood spluttered everywhere. Yet no screams could be heard. Only Davros menacing laughter, sneers and snarls, and the swishing of his whip filled the silence in the hall.

Joltea immediately covered Olivia's eyes with her hand as the gruesome scene played out. It was ghastly. Joltea looked at Jack, her eyes already confirming his worries. Olivia stifled a whimper as the hitting and whipping sounds continued. Joltea gritted her teeth, advancing and preparing to kill Davros, but Jack stopped her. "He's mine," he said, a dark look on his face. "Stay here with Olivia. Be back soon."

They stayed there and waited as told. Jack banged the cell door open easily, and it fell of its doorframe with a clang. He entered into the cell and disappeared from their sight for a few moments. Suddenly, banging and crashing sounds could be heard. Then, blood curling screams and yells arose. Then it was followed by pleadings and begging. Then, there was a loud boom. And then... silence.

Jack came out of the cell a few seconds later, with only a few drops of crimson red on his sleeve and a bloody nose. He half-carried the Doctor, had beating and whip marks all over his arms and legs and face. His shirt was torn and there were cuts and bruises all over his body. That wasn't even the worst part. He looked like he cracked his ribs, broke a few bones, suffered massive head trauma, and was going to go into cardiac arrest due to extreme blood loss.

The Doctor looked like hell.

Jack's arm slipped under the Doctor's armpit, the Time Lord's head resting on his shoulders. Usually, the Doctor would protest and would never agree to this, especially to Jack, of all people — but his throat felt dry and he was exhausted to speak. His eyes were shut and his body went limp, leaning onto Jack for full support. Blood trailed beneath the ground the Doctor walked on.

Jack gently rested his body on the ground, and Joltea bit her lip, holding both her hands and pressing it at the Doctor's wounds. He grunted, trying his best not to scream. Joltea closed her eyes, and both of her hands started to glow a beautiful golden colour. The golden energy twirled around her fingers and flew with the wind, transferring into the Doctor's bleeding wounds and cuts. His wounds started to heal almost immediately, as if the physical torture was never there.