Chapter 23

Author's Note

Hope you like this chapter! It's slightly longer than usual. Also the previous chapters are still being edited and under revision.

*****

Chapter 23 - Memories in Flames

Joltea ran. She ran from the Tower of London, passing by the gates and the guard who stood still the whole time. She reached the blue police box parked outside. The Tardis doors creaked open slightly by itself, as if wanting her to come in.

"Sorry. I just... I need..." Joltea let out a sigh. "I just need time alone." She said, touching the surface of the blue paint for a brief moment before walking away from the time machine.

She found a taxi and immediately went in without further thought. "Just pick a random hotel nearby, please. Or a bar. Or both." Joltea told the driver.

"Not from around here, are you?" The taxi driver said.

"No." The Visionary replied simply as he started the car. She looked out the window while the car engines hummed, and she closed her eyes, the song played on the radio helping her into a deep sleep.

*****

Flashback - Birth of a Time Lord

1.3 trillion/ few centuries ago (depending on how you see it), way before the Time War... Joltea's parents were part of a travelling research team led by the Lord President of Gallifrey himself.

On that day, they were hiding in the medical room on a Sontaran ship when suddenly Joltea's mother dropped to the ground, screaming in agony. "What? What's wrong? Rassilon, were you shot by that idiotic Sontaran?" Joltea's father asked, rushing to her side.

"I think I'm in LABOR!"

"Hold up — Y-You're giving birth? NOW!? On a Sontaran battleship flying through space in the middle of WAR!?" Joltea's father panicked.

"You panicking isn't making this any better! ... AGHHHHH!" She clutched onto his hand while throwing her head back and letting out a piercing scream.

Few minutes later...

"Welcome to the world, sweetie." Joltea's mother smiled as she carried young little Joltea in her arms. Her father grinned widely while standing beside the patient bed. And just like that, in the midst of a Sontaran war, a Time Lord named Joltea Ophelia Vileathalidru was born.

*****

Flashback - 1st Regeneration

Bang!

Joltea was shot in the chest by one of her parents' enemies. Since they worked for the president, they had many enemies who held a grudge against them till this day. Joltea, their daughter, was killed by a bullet as revenge.

She saw this coming through her visions, but she knew she couldn't change the future. She tried to run away, even hid in her home during the day of her death, but the killer still found his way in and shot her.

"YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO SHOOT HER! However much you hate us, you had no right to shoot our daughter as vengeance towards us. You hear me!? You had NO RIGHT!" Joltea still remembered her parents screaming at the killer while they ran towards her lifeless body.