Chapter 27

Author's Note

This chapter might be confusing if you haven't watched Torchwood. There will be a few slight mentions of Torchwood. I recommend you guys to watch the show. I loved and hated Season 3's "Children of Earth" so much. It just shows how much Jack and the Doctor are alike.

Disclaimer: There will be torture and mention of blood. If you're uncomfortable with this, then skip this chapter. This chapter is longer than normal

*****

Flashback

She sat there in the same position for over an hour before she heard footsteps approaching, closer and closer.

It could be the Doctor. Maybe he managed to escape, she thought hopefully. The footsteps got closer, until suddenly they stopped. Then she heard a click. And the door swung open. Olivia was startled by the sudden movement. She shrieked, jumping of the ground and leaning onto the wall closest by.

As she regained her breathing pace and she turned to look, she found a woman with dark brown hair wearing a beautiful galaxy blue dress and a pair of sunglasses at the door. Olivia gasped. She squinted her eyes and tried her best to stand without the help of a wall. She exclaimed. "... Joltea?"

"Hello Livia," The woman smiled. "Miss me?"

*****

Chapter 27 - False Hope

"Joltea!" Olivia exclaimed.

She ran towards the woman, grinning from ear to ear. She couldn't explain how relieved she felt at that moment. Joltea had come. She hadn't left them and the whole world to die a painful death. Hah! In your pathetic excuse for a face, Davros! She thought. There was hope after all. They were far from winning this battle, but at least now, they had Joltea on their side.

The Visionary smiled. "How are you doing?" She asked. "What have I missed? Sorry for being away so long — the Doctor had really pissed me off."

"Well, other than being trapped in this room that seemingly looks like my own back at Earth, drugged by Davros, separated from the Doctor, Kate, and Jack — I'm doing fine." Olivia replied, a hint of sarcasm in her voice, although she was mostly relieved Joltea was here.

The middle schooler felt a rush of emotions swirl inside her. She extended her arms, and then she rushed towards Joltea. "Oh, um..." Joltea said, realising that Olivia was about to hug her. "Livia, dear, I really don't think hugging is a good idea —"

Olivia ignored her anyway, but what was most surprising, is that instead of hugging her, her hands had somehow went through her body, as if Joltea was invisible. As if she were a ghost. She frowned, looking at her hands that pierced through her body. "What in the..." Olivia muttered.

"I wanted to find the right time to tell you about that," Joltea said, fidgeting with her fingers. "... Well, there is no easy way to say this." She paused again. "I'm not real, Livia."

"W-What?" Olivia's heart skipped a beat.

"I'm not real," she repeated. "I'm only just a pigment of your imagination. I'm a hallucination — the after effects of inhaling the sleeping spray. I'm in your mind. Only you can see me." Joltea sighed. "You're hallucinating."

"I'm... what?" Olivia stared at her. But it couldn't be... The Time Lord looked so real. "No, no, no..." The middle schooler muttered. Her hopes were crushed once more, in the span of a second. She was hallucinating. Joltea wasn't real. The Visionary isn't actually here. Which means Davros was right.