Chapter 22

Chapter 22 - Death of Us All

"We've arrived," The Visionary announced.

"What do you mean, 'we've arrived'?" The Doctor raised a questioning eyebrow.

"It means that we're here, idiot. Come on, let's go." She rolled her eyes when his feet were still glued to the ground.

"But it didn't make the sound."

"What sound?" Joltea asked.

"You know, VWORP, VWOORP!" The Doctor imitated the Tardis sound. "That sound."

"God. Your tenth and eleventh incarnation is so similiar it's uncanny." Joltea sighed. "Poor Tardis. You leave the brakes on. That's what's causing the sound."

"Yeah, but where's the fun in that? Now it's just boring, isn't it?" The Doctor glanced towards Jack for a look of approval, but the captain only chuckled.

She sighed, then opened the blue doors with a snap of fingers.

"Hold up — how did you do that?" The Doctor asked. I didn't know you could snap your fingers to open the doors. If so I wouldn't have needed all those keys — "

"The Tardis likes me, I guess." She beamed, touching the console appreciatively. "Thank you, sweetheart."

"Betrayer. We've traveled together for centuries, and you meet another Time Lord for a few days and you cheat on me," the Doctor scolded the Tardis.

"Also, you! You, Joltea Ophelia Vileathalidru! I'm probably one of the oldest friends you've ever had, and yet you treat the Tardis better than me. ME!" The Doctor hit his chest, pouting like a teenager.

"Once a drama queen, always a drama queen." Joltea smiled, shaking her head. "Sometimes it feels like you're still a teen."

"Woah, that's actually your full name?" Jack asked.

"No, it's just the simplified version." The Visionary explained. "Time Lords have very long names. Even the name 'Joltea' isn't actually my full first name."

"Hm. Come to think about it, the Doctor never told his name before. I doubt he's ever told his name to anyone before." Jack said. "Apparently all immortals don't use their real name."

"The name gets lost after centuries of time. Though the name 'Doctor' lives on — forever. The other name that lived for as long was, if I remember correctly, someone with the name of 'Boe'."
She smirked, looking towards Jack Harkness, who seemed to look shock as his nickname in Torchwood is 'the Face of Boe'.

The captain flashed a smile. Though the Doctor didn't notice it. They got out of the Tardis and there they were, standing in the front of the Tower of London.

A guard wearing a military suit approached them. "Hello there! I'm the Doctor. This is my plus-one, Joltea. And this is a friend of mine, Captain Jack Harkness, leader of Torchwood."

Joltea wanted to protest when the Doctor called her his 'plus-one', but decided to keep quiet, only lightly kicking him as a warning. "Ow. Sorry."

The guard let us in. "Miss Stewart had already informed us to look out for your arrival. I must say, it's an honor to meet you, sir. I've heard a lot of stories about you — helping UNIT across the centuries and saving planet Earth countless of times. On behalf on the human race, thank you, sir."

The group smiled. It was nice to have people appreciating the Doctor's efforts for once.

They were led through the hallways, passing through the multiple deadlocked doors that could only be accessed by  fingerprints. They finally got into a meeting room, where Kate Stewart and Olivia Watson were. They seemed to be chatting about something.