Chapter 26

Chapter 26 - Another One Gone

The Doctor groaned as he watched the Daleks surround the three. He was trapped in a laser beam cage, with only his sonic screwdriver hidden masterfully in his pocket. It didn't have any setting which could disable Dalek lasers, so he'd have to think of another plan.

Meanwhile, Kate and Jack were obviously working on ways out as we, but to no avail as well. The Doctor was worried, but not for himself. He was worried about Olivia. Where was she being taken to? Why didn't she get trapped in laser beam cages like the other three did? Why hadn't Davros come back yet? What was taking so long?

She was a middle schooler, for Gallifrey's sake! He would never forgive himself if something happened to her, if the Daleks hurt her, or worse, killed her.

Joltea would've been able to help them out of here. She would've already figured out a plan by now, with her power over Time and all. She always knew what to do. He wished he hadn't shouted at her. He wished he hadn't fought with her. He wished she hadn't run away from the Tower of London.

He wished she was here.

"Idiot," the Doctor hissed under his breath (quiet enough that Jack and Kate didn't hear) as he face-palmed. "Why did I have to be such an idiot?"

Suddenly, his head snapped up when he realised a bunch of Daleks scooting towards them. They were the same Daleks that followed Davros and Olivia to what he presumed was her specially made prison cell (although he wasn't sure why Davros made one specially for her. This only made the Doctor even more worried.)

Except Olivia wasn't there anymore. Jack and Kate were worried as well. She was either chained in a different cell, or she was in exterminated, burnt into a crisp, maybe.

The Daleks aimed their eyestalk towards them, as if scanning them. Davros grinned for a moment, before the sly grin was wiped off his face. He glanced up, as if he was thinking hard of something, and his face filled with hesitation. "You know what, change of plans." Davros said, turning towards his creations.

"I'll keep the Doctor as well. You guys can kill Kate and torture Jack if you want — he can't be killed anyway." He then pressed a button on his armrest and the laser beam cage surrounding the Doctor disappeared into thin air.

The Time Lord looked at Kate and Jack, his brows furrowed, then turned towards Davros. "Why do you want me for?" The Doctor clenched his teeth. "Why don't you just KILL ME already!"

"Not everything is about you, Doctor. I would love to kill you, since it would mean I'd be one step closer to winning the Time War as all I'd have to deal with is Joltea. One less Time Lord makes things much easier. And I could very easily kill you now, considering your situation." He said. "Fortunately, you're in luck today. As killing you would only make her upset."

"Who?" The Doctor raised an eyebrow. "You mean Joltea? Why do you care if she's upset? You trapped her in a prison cell for a trillion years! Nothing you do can make up for that." He growled.

"Not Joltea," Davros corrected. "I meant Olivia Watson."

******

Olivia woke up to a blinding light. God, it was so bright. She held a hand to her head. Her head throbbed in her skull. She groaned as she covered her eyes with both hands to block the light. Where was she? The place looked familiarly like her bedroom, but Olivia had a gut instinct that it wasn't.

She tossed and turned, trying to go back to her sleep, but gave up due to the throbbing headache. She sat up slowly, still clutching her head. She looked around, the memories rushing back to her.