Chapter 28

Author's Note

I loved writing this chapter! Joltea comes back and makes an entrance in the most unexpected way. This chapter is two times longer than the other chapters. And the book is coming to an end! :D Hope you enjoy it, and also please vote 

*****

Chapter 28 - Ain't No Rest for the Wicked

"Okay, I'm going to be teaching you how to pick a lock. So Livia, listen closely." Fake-Joltea said as she took out an imaginary clip from her pocket.

"Wait, aren't you only part of my imagination? So how can you teach me stuff that I don't already know?" Olivia frowned as she put the pieces together.

"You learn quick," the woman smiled. "Well, you actually already know how to pick a lock, but that information is hidden deep inside your memory. I'm here to get your memory jogging." She said.

"Ah, okay, that makes sense." Olivia said. "Actually, this whole thing doesn't make sense at all. The fact that aliens exist, and that I've become part alien myself, and that the whole world is dying and I'm talking to someone who isn't even real — all of that doesn't make sense at all. Nothing makes sense anymore."

"Welcome to my world," Fake-Joltea sighed. She turned back to the matter at hand. "Now, firstly, take your hairpin and slot it into the lock. Then..."

*****

Joltea (the real one) stood in the forest, already having run a few miles away from the taxi she had just escaped out of in the nick of time before it exploding into flames. She wrapped her teleporting device with her dominant hand. She sucked in a deep breath, her hair dancing in the wind.

The Doctor needed her. She knew this moment would come eventually. The end of the world. She had foreseen all the possibilities of the future, what may or may not be, what could or couldn't be, what should or shouldn't be. She had foreseen a thousand ways the world she had lived in for so long would die and perish. She had foreseen so many futures of her own death.

.... But she was certain of her future now.

Today is the day she will die. Today is her death day. And she's afraid. Terrified, even. She didn't know she was scared of death until the moment actually came. Being gifted with the power of Time was a curse. She could see her death so clearly in her mind, but it felt only like a TV show of a life that wasn't hers.

Her life was never hers to control. Her future was displayed in front of her, and she was forced to oblige like a slave. Sometimes she admired the Doctor's carefree attitude. She knew everything that would happen, which isn't a good thing sometimes. At times she wished she didn't know, that she could be ignorant of the visions that filled her head.

She tightened her grip around the device, sighing. She set the coordinates of the Dalek spaceship, putting her hands at her side, clenching and then unclenching her fists. The Visionary pressed the button on the device, and then a piercing blue ray of light appeared, zapping her. The ray of light disappeared into thin air in less than a second, and so did Joltea.

*****

Jack stood in his cell, getting tortured by the Daleks. He was so tired now. "Oh, come on now." He muttered, groaning painfully as the Daleks shot him senseless once more while shrieking "Exterminate!" in their cold robotic voice, and his vision turned black once more. He had heard the term over and over again at least a few dozen times in the span of the last hour.

He was shot the second after he came back to life, every single time on the dot. Each time he revived with a painful gasp, he could feel his body getting weaker, and now he wanted to die so badly, but the thought of Ianto kept him going. And also, he literally couldn't die.