Chapter 20

Author's Note

This chapter and the chapters after this are going to be longer than the previous ones. So hope you enjoy it and happy reading!

*****

Chapter 20 - The Beginning of the End

Olivia pulled out her phone and dialled the Tardis helpline on the way to school. She held the phone near her ear and listened as it continued buzzing. "Come on... pick up, Doctor. Pick up!" She said in frustration.

She had to tell the Time Lords about the vision. The fate of the entire planet could be hanging at stake right now. And she was only 15, so how on Earth was she going to save the world?

She frowned slightly when the line continued buzzing. They were probably either on a run, trapped in an impossible situation, or off saving the universe. She had seen visions of the Doctor and Joltea's adventures, and they were quite... colourful. But that was as far as it gets for alien-invested dreams.

Olivia had began to know more about Gallifrey and the Time Lords, and the suffering they've been through. So far from what she's seen from her visions, they're the only Gallifreyans left in the universe, the last of the Time Lords.

[a/n Gradually when Olivia grows older, she'll learn about another Time Lord called the Master.]

And now she understands why the Doctor had been so protective over Joltea, even though they had only just reunited after hundreds and hundreds of years. It was because they were the only ones left, she was the only one who knew of his pain, the only one he could rely on. The last of their kind.

She sighed and put the phone back in her the pocket in her school bag. She'll try to call him again after school, and hopefully, this time they'll pick up.

*****

The school bell rung.

The students laughing and gossiping. Ever since she let go of the memory of Roxy, letting go of the past, she had became more social, started making more friends. Arthur was one of them, and he has a liking for her.

One thing about the visions is that now you know everything that happened or will happen. And she saw in her visions once of her and Arthur... together. Her future. Arthur was her to-be boyfriend.

Ever since the visions, everything will never be the same to her again. Her perspective changed a lot, and sometimes she wished not knowing secrets about everyone in school. However, as her power wasn't as strong as Joltea's, she didn't know completely everything.

Some things were hidden from her, and most of her visions were about people she knew. So she certainly hadn't predicted UNIT barging into Olivia's classroom in the middle of English class.

Okay, let's start from the beginning.

*****

"Good morning class. Please take out the essays I've assigned last week. Remember, it's part of your exam marks." Miss Samantha said, sitting down on her seat.

And that's when Olivia remembered she had completely forgotten about the homework. She looked at her blank essay sheet with wide eyes. Her mind raced, trying to figure out a way to explain why she didn't finish the homework, because it was 20% of her final English exam result.

She must've forgotten because of the incident with Joltea and the Doctor last week. Damn it.

"Okay, so..." Miss Samantha's voice was cut off when suddenly the classroom door flung open, and a group of armed soldiers barged into the classroom, pointing their guns like they owned the place.