Chapter 7

Author's Note

Halfway through Season 4! Honestly one of the best seasons of Doctor who so far ^ω^ And Donna's sass is just 👌

*****

Chapter 7 - Welcome to The Tardis!

School ended and Olivia walked home from school along the streets of London, the blaring sun causing her to sweat. After a solid 20 minutes, she sighed in relief as she opened the house gates and took out her keys, opening the house door. She twirled around the empty living room with hands wide open.

She took out her shoes and put her bag down, feeling the cold air coming from the air conditioner. Her parents were still at work, so she had the house to herself. She washed the dishes and walked upstairs into her room to shower.

She opened the room door and immediately starts pulling out her hairband when —

"Doctor!? What are you doing here!?" She shrieked, jumping slightly. Her eyes widen as the same blue ray of light appeared and the Doctor appeared in the middle of her bedroom, his suit still soaking wet.

"Hello, Livia." He greeted, looking at his surroundings. "Where are we? It seems that we're out of the library." He glanced around.

"Library? What library?" Olivia asked, walking closer towards him. "That was two days ago. You disappeared — where did you go?"

"I came here," he replied, frowning. "I probably traveled two days into the future and somehow landed in your house. Time travel, complicated. It might be two days for you but it was only a minute ago for me."

"Time travel...?"

"Mhm," he replied with a nod as if it was a question he'd hear every day, walking along her room. She watched as his fingers gently brushed over the corners of the wall and the curtains. "You have a nice room, by the way." He commented and suddenly stopped walking when he saw a picture on her desk.

It was a beautiful family photo with a flowery picture frame, it seemed quite old and the picture became slightly yellow, but it was still beautiful nonetheless. Her mother and father sat on the sofa together with Olivia, and a dog with white fur stood in front of the camera frame, its tongue stuck out playfully.

Olivia still leaned on her bedroom door with wide eyes. She tried to recall everything that happened over the past few days.

She had weird dreams for the past week, investigated an abandoned classroom, bumped into a blue police box called the Tardis that somehow appeared in the library, met an alien from Gallifrey called the Doctor, then he traveled through time and landed in her bedroom two days in the future.

When did her life become so... strange?

"Don't just stand there," He spoke abruptly, straightening his suit and walking out the room in all of a sudden. "The Tardis is outside. Come on," he pushed the door open, going down the staircase and out of the house. He turned a few corners and went into the backyard.

"... Okay, so what are we doing in my backyard?" Olivia looked at the empty field of grass before them. Her eyes landed on the police box that stood in the middle of the backyard, the same one from two days ago.

He opened the Tardis door with a key and pushed them open. He went in, waving a hand at Olivia, gesturing her to come in. She hesitated, after all, he could be a kidnapper. But then her curiosity took over and she gathered the courage to go inside. She would definitely be the first to die in a horror movie.

She walked in, and what she saw was definitely not what she had expected. Her eyes widen and her mouth dangled open as she entered the Tardis. "No way," she muttered under her breath.

"I know, it's bigger on the inside!" The Doctor said with a playful tone, fidgeting with the sonic screwdriver in his hands.

The Doctor grinned when she walked back outside and touched the surface of the Tardis, and then she popped back in, making the traditional route around the console. No way, she thought as her fingers brushed against the complicated wires and levers and the countless buttons.

"Welcome to The Tardis!" He smirked, welcoming Olivia with open arms. He smiled as he studied the surprised and shocked look on her face intently.

"It's... beautiful," she gasped at the sight. She leaned on the railing, admiring the Tardis. Not in a million years had she ever expected this. Words couldn't describe what she felt in that moment. It was magnificent.

But as she stood there, a sharp pain jolted throughout her body as the ticking sounds returned again, the constant ticking of time that pounded against her head.

The Doctor raised an eyebrow. "You okay, Livia? You seem a bit pale." He asked, concern filled in his voice.

"... I suppose it's just the shock. Not everyday you get to meet an alien and ride in their spaceship, you know." She lied through her teeth. Although technically, it wasn't a lie either — she just didn't tell him the whole truth, that's all.

"Alrighty then," he said cheekily, walking towards computer screen, checking their location again. He then typed a few line of words on the keyboard, and then he put on his glasses. "Looks like the Tardis is still stuck in this timeline on Earth. I guess I'll be staying here for longer than I —"

A loud thud cut his sentence. He turned around to find Olivia dropping to her knees, unable to stand up. Her eyelids were half-open, fluttering close. The ticking was making her head spin. "... Doctor!" She called.

"Livia! What happened!? Are you  —" He stopped mid-sentence as the screeching buzzing sound pounded against his skull, louder now, the sound covering his senses and his knees buckled. He tried to stabilise himself against the console, but failed ultimately when his fingers slid down the consoles towards the hard ground.