Chapter 14

Author's Note

Well, I don't really need to explain much from the title. Votes and comments are welcome ;)

*****

Chapter 14 - Saving Olivia Watson

A group of medics put Olivia on a gurney. Her heartbeat was faint and her breathing was uneven and shallow. One of them was checking her pulse and her breathing occasionally and one of them was performing CPR on her.

"Get her to the trauma unit, now!" The medic shouted as they rolled the gurney into the hospital. "Car crash, Olivia Watson, 15 year old with multiple bone fractures, including rib fracture and some severe head injury. She's still unconscious." He explained, and the doctors took over after that.

Dr Miller checked Olivia's wounds and one of the residents took over the medic and did CPR. In a blink of an eye, her heartbeat stopped. "We're losing her!" Dr Miller said to the few residents who were standing beside the machine. "Charge!" He shouted.

Olivia was hanging between the point of life and death, the living and the dead. The heart rate on the screen showed no improvement. "Charge! Come on, Olivia!" He said again. And right at the last second, when all hope was lost and he was just about to call 'time of death', her heart started again.

"Oh my God," one of the residents muttered. "Close call, everyone." Dr Miller said, drawing a deep breath.
"Contact her family, they must be worried sick right now."

Another resident doctor nodded. "We also found a strip of paper with someone's contact number on it. Not sure whose is it, but it seems to be written on the paper that the number belonged to someone with the name... 'TARDIS'? Quite an odd name for a fellow, but I suppose we should call him/her, too?"

Dr Miller nodded and the resident walked away to the telephone. "Also, prep O.R. 2."

*****

The resident, Dr Taylor had contacted Olivia Watson's family, and their response was truly heartbreaking. They were on their way to the hospital, and she still had one last call to make.

She held the phone against her ear, and it started ringing. She sighed as the buzzing sound rose for a while. Then, it stopped and a voice called from the other end. "Who is this? Not many people have this number, y' know... Hello?"

"Hello, I'm Dr Taylor from [insert random name] Hospital. Do you know someone by the name 'Tardis', sir?"

"Ah, that's my ship." He said. How do you know my ship's name? From the accent, you seem to be American, so you're most likely human. Back to my earlier question: how did you get this number?"

So whoever this 'Doctor' bloke is, it seems like he's another sci-fi geek, Dr Taylor rolled her eyes as she thought to herself. "Do you know of an 'Olivia Watson', sir?"

"Yes, why? Is she okay?" He replied, a hint of worry creeping into his voice. She sighed.

"Olivia Watson was involved in a car crash earlier today, and she got admitted into [insert random name] Hospital. She's currently in surgery and she might not be able to pull through. I found a strip of paper containing your number in her pocket and I thought I ought to let you know... sir?"

"... What? No, no, that can't be right... I think you've called the wrong person, she was fine a few hours ago... What?"

"I assure you she's in the best of hands." Dr Taylor let out another heavy sigh, before turning to Olivia's parents who had just got to the hospital and were currently walking towards her. The call ended and she put the phone down, putting her hands in her pocket coats.

Suddenly the whooshing sounds were heard behind her. A sudden whoosh of air blew, and the resident turned around to find a blue police box standing there, parked right in the middle of the floor, at the centre of the hospital. Patients, visitors, janitors, nurses and doctors all looked at it, taking a step back.

The hospital became very quiet and everyone didn't know what to do. Dr Taylor, being the closest to the police box, stepped forwards cautiously and touched the surface of the Tardis. She pushed the door open slightly and it creaked open, apparently it was unlocked.

She gulped. After all, everyone there had just witnessed an old blue police box appearing inside a hospital out of thin air. She is still hoping it was all just a magic trick. A very realistic magic trick, she'd give that.

A man with a three-piece brown suit came out of the police box, along with a woman who wore sunglasses and a gorgeous dress. Dr Taylor's breathing hitched. Everyone in the hospital paused in their movements.

"Who are you?"

"I'm the Doctor, and this is Joltea." The man ran fingers over his hair, staring down at the terrified resident. Joltea stood beside him and glanced at the sudden crowd. She let the Doctor do the talking.

"How did you do it? Is it a magic act for the children?" Dr Taylor gathered up the courage to ask. Only after a while of silence that he muttered two words in explanation.

"... Where's Olivia?"