𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑, 𝗆𝗒 𝖺𝗊𝗎𝖺𝗆𝖺𝗋𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝖻𝗅𝗎𝖾

𝐌𝐔𝐒𝐄.
❪ 𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝖽𝖺𝗒, 𝗂 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗉
𝖿𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗂𝗇 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗒𝗈𝗎. ❫

 ❫

Lando doesn't stop knocking on Yuxin's door

It's frantic, it's urgent, and Yuxin opens the door with a confused look on her face. Her headphones are hung around her neck, she's wearing his hoodie, and her hair is done up in a messy bun.

Lando thinks that she's never looked prettier.

"Lan, what's going on? You were knocking so much, I think the door's going to break." she jokes.

"You're in love with me." he breathes out, and Yuxin's expression softens. He looks at her with stars in his eyes, and Yuxin finally gets the confirmation that perhaps he does indeed harbour the same feelings.

She doesn't feel scared, oddly. More so relieved, now that he knows.

She smiles softly at him, leaning on the doorframe. "You finally figured it out."

Those five words are confirmation enough for Lando. And everything, finally fits into place. His heart has never felt so full. His fingertips feel tingly, for some reason - pure joy, delight and love just flows through his veins, and he has never felt so electric.

He doesn't even say anything, and he pulls her into a kiss.

It's sudden, but Yuxin welcomes it with open arms. Her hands find their way around his neck, as his find them around her waist.

Everything just feels right. Perfect, even.

Yuxin doesn't usually like describing things as perfect. Perfection is unattainable, but perhaps she'll be eating her words - because this moment simply feels perfect.

And when the two pull apart, he looks at her with the brightest grin on his lips. "You're in love with me," he repeats, as if he's in disbelief.

"Yes. I am."

"I'm in love with you too," he presses his forehead to hers, and Yuxin can't help but look at him with a lovesick smile. She's been waiting to hear those words for years, and now that they've finally reached her ears - she feels like she's floating on cloud nine.

"It took you quite some time to figure out." she comments, as Lando takes her hand, entwining her fingers with his. All she feels is warmth. She never wants this feeling to go away, this feeling of pure euphoria - she wants to be consumed by this feeling, basking in it, as if it is the sunlight on a hot summer's day.

"I'm sorry for making you wait. I'm sorry," he says, whispering against her lips, and Yuxin shakes her head. "I know why they were calling me an idiot now - I am. It was obvious. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

"At least you know that you were an idiot," Yuxin says, gently caressing his cheek with her free hand. Lando leans into her touch, instinctively, and she can't help but grin. "But don't apologise. You know now."

"I feel like I have to — I made you wait. You must've felt terrible — Xinnie, I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry."

"Stop. It's okay. Everything is okay now, Lando." she smiles. "It was worth the wait. You are worth the wait — you will always be worth the wait."

"Don't make me cry," he mumbles against her lips. Lando doesn't think that he's felt this happy to the point where tears are welling in his eyes — but this moment is purely too special. There is nobody else in this house, just the two of them. "I should've found out much earlier than this. I should've listened to them."

"How'd you figure it out?"

"Aquamarine blue." he says, pointing to his eyes. Yuxin smiles softly, looking into the eyes that she loves oh so very much. They feel like home, like sunlight seeping through the thinly veiled curtains draped over the windows.

"Yeah. You're my aquamarine blue."

"I feel very honoured to be your muse. So everything's really about me, huh?" he asks, in a teasing voice. Yuxin buries her face in his shoulder, as Lando chuckles gleefully.

"Don't make fun of me. It's Grammy nominated." she replies.

"It is." he says, a smile on his lips. "My girlfriend's a Grammy nominated artist."

Yuxin looks at him in surprise. "Girlfriend? Moving fast, aren't we, Lando Norris?"

"I told you I loved you!" he says, and Yuxin chuckles. "Doesn't that make us... a couple? Dating? You know, usually couples don't say 'I love you' so quickly, but I said it, because I'm in love with you, and you're in love with me, so..."

"You're rambling." Yuxin looks at him with a soft smile.

"It's only because I like you so much." he says, and Yuxin's face heats up.

"Don't say stuff like that."

"We're dating now." he refutes.

"Okay, true." Yuxin says, as Lando squeezes her hand tightly. "But don't give me a heart attack. You're able to have some... crazy effect on me, so..."

"Well, that's because you like me too much." he replies, and Yuxin's face gets even more red after hearing his words. But he is right. She does like him too much. Way too much.

"You're right, unfortunately."

Lando doesn't say anything in response, instead opting to simply stare at her with a small smile on his lips.

"Do I have something on my face? Did you smudge my lipstick?"

"No, no." he says, inching his face closer to hers. "I just... can't believe you're mine."

Yuxin's heart feels so full to the point where she thinks it might burst at the seams. "I can't believe you're mine either, my aquamarine blue."

"I need a good nickname for you. You have aquamarine blue for me - and not to mention the countless ones in your songs... you've made me feel like the luckiest guy in the world, Xinnie." he says under his breath, and Yuxin shrugs. "You have time to come up with one. Xinnie counts too, you know."

"Everyone uses that," he says. But then he smiles, as if he's come up with something. "You'll be my sun."

"Sun?" she repeats, the corners of her lips quirking up into a smile. Lando wants to kiss her again.

"Yeah." he says.

"That's very cute." she replies, and Lando beams.

His sun and her star makes rather quite a fitting couple. And when he leans in to kiss her once more, that feeling of things being "just right" returns.