Chapter 23: London Tours

~Emery's POV~

When we arrive in London, Colin is in sort of a hurry to get us to his apartment so he can get changed into his usual suit and head off to work. His apartment is in the heart of the city in one of the new-looking buildings. His apartment is the penthouse on the top floor consisting of four bedrooms and four bathrooms. According to the doorman who helped with carrying bags up to the room there is also a spa, gym and pool in the building somewhere.

"Well, I will see you when I am finished with my meetings," Colin promises as he steps out of his room. Now wearing a dark gray three-piece suit. "You should get a few extra hours of sleep you look tired."

I smile a little "I'm in London, I'm not sleeping."

Colin laughs a little, "alright, have a good time with Reese. Not too good of a time though."

"I'm sure your driver will be dull company compared to you," I say before giving him a loving kiss on the cheek.

Colin laughs a little kissing my forehead before he heads off.

I smile a little looking after him, glad that thanks to the Gatorade and medicine my headache seems to be much better. As I venture into Colin's bathroom, I notice that everything seems to be oddly the same. The apartment is decorated along the same lines as his house back in Chicago.

He really likes gray, in his room he has the same brand of blankets, pillows, and mattress all of which must have been imported from the US. Inside his closet there is a full wardrobe, does he have the same suits at every one of his places?

When I step into his shower I find the same brand of shampoo, conditioner and body wash for me as he has at his place. When I have finished with shampoo and conditioner, I hesitate looking at the lavender body wash for a moment before glancing at Colin's. It doesn't take me long before I am pouring a large handful of the cedar, pine and citrus-smelling stuff and scrubbing it all over my body. God, it smells good. But it is missing the smell of scotch, mint and him.

For a girl who was not so long ago, used to being alone I have become rather pathetically dependent on my boyfriend. I love having his company, I love when he is around me. He makes me feel safe and protected and cared for. Yeah, it still scares me when he makes a joke about wanting to spank me because I know it's not much of a joke, he desperately wants to. But the little things he does, I can't remember much from the night before, I don't know who allowed that much alcohol into one punch, but it should not be legal, but I do remember him looking ready to punch Jay.

I wouldn't have approved so much if I hadn't told Jay to give me some space nearly half a dozen times before. Last night had been a lot. Apparently, Ellie looked at every intern in our department as competition except me. Is that what everyone is going to think about me? That as soon as Colin can justify it, he will promote me. I suppose it's not that crazy, I do have a junior publisher's office and I have only been to work twice.

That doesn't sit right with me, I don't even know if I want to be a senior publisher but if I do make it to one, I want to earn it. I want to know without a shadow of a doubt that I got there on my own merits rather than on my boyfriend's order. Then there is the jealousy that seems to be rearing its ugly head with every associate and intern at the office. Even the ones that don't know about me and Colin, Jolene didn't know, now she does. Everyone is going to know by Monday, everyone.

But when I push all of that away I don't care. No one can understand my and Colin's relationship. Does Jay think he is taking advantage of me? He doesn't know the story, he doesn't know Colin's past, or how much he is trying to work with me to make the relationship.

Stepping out of the shower, I get dressed in a pair of dark blue jeans, a light blue wool sweater and a wonderful brown jacket. I apply a little bit of makeup and finish with my hair before stepping out into the living room to find Reese waiting for me.