001. lannie

— 001

— 001. 'lannie' —

DYLAN IVY CONKLIN SAT in the back seat of the car with her mother as her brother steven and her twin sister belly bickered up front. belly complained that steven had been driving too slow while steven complained of her being an annoying backseat driver.

"technically she's not in the back seat." dylan points out as she chews on her last mini sour belt. "steven can we stop at the gas station please?" dylan begs as steven looks at her in the rear view mirror.

he couldn't say no to his little sister. "fine." he says as he pulls into the gas station. "thank you. thank you!" she exclaims as she unbuckles her belt and places a kiss on his cheek to which he wipes off.

"loser." she mumbles as her and belly rush into the shop. dylan grabs her usual arizona and another pack of mini sour belts as she waits for belly up at the register. as belly joins her sister that's when the man working takes notice to them.

"y'all new around here?" he asks. it was obvious he was trying to hit on either one of them. "no, we come here every year with our mom and older brother." dylan says emphasizing older brother even though she knew steven was a stick compared to this man.

she couldn't discredit him though because once when dylan and belly were in sixth grade and steven was in seventh he beat up a kid for breaking dylan's glasses on purpose. that was one thing dylan loved about her brother. he loved her.

"oh, well you should drop by at the party on the beach tonight." the man says this time more directed towards belly. dylan then slaps a ten dollar bill on the counter as she grabs belly's hand and they walk out.

"wait! let lannie sit in the front." steven insisted as dylan rolled her eyes at the nickname her brother and sister created for her. when they were about 8 and 9 belly pointed out how the end of dylan's name was lan so they began calling her lannie and soon got jeremiah, susannah and even conrad to start calling her that.

"i'm telling y'all. i'm too old for that nickname.." she mumbles as she closes the door and buckles up. "what's up with you and belly. both of you guys get your braces out, glasses off, lannie starts wearing crop tops to show off her stupid boobs, belly quits wearing her hair in goofy pigtails and now you guys think you're too old for nicknames?" steven says as he begins driving.

"first, ew. second, belly doesn't want you making her look immature in front of conrad. and i just hate lannie." dylan says. "rude, i came up with it." steven mumbles as he looks straight ahead. "belly and conrad sitting in a t-." steven randomly begins as belly smacks the back of his head and dylan begins laughing.

"shut up dylan if you ever find that cameron kid, just know i'm gonna embarrass you so bad." steven says jokingly as dylan's heart skips a beat at the mention of the boy that had her in shambles after she returned from cousins.

dylan remained quiet for the next twenty minutes, her mind unable to stop thinking about that boy. "jesus, i'm sorry. if i knew that it would've made you depressed all over again i wouldn't have said anything." steven mumbles as they finally pull up to the fisher beach house.

as all of the conklin's and the one park began unbuckling their belts, dylan stayed back for a minute. that was until she saw conrad walking out of the door. she instantly ran and jumped into his arms as he sighed.

"i missed you d." he mumbles as he lets go, noticing the stares. now you might be thinking, doesn't dylan's sister have a massive crush on conrad? yes. so why is dylan so close to him? conrad was dylan's brother. they struggled with basically the same problems and were always there for each other.

most of the family on both the fisher and conklin/park side liked to speculate but conrad would never think about dylan in that kind of way and dylan would never ever think of him in that way.

dylan then made her way over to susannah as she engulfed her in the biggest hug ever. for some reason she felt like she needed to hug her like it was her last. "i missed you sweet girl, look at you!" susannah exclaims as she gushes over dylan.

she then lets her go as dylan makes her way over to jeremiah. she was never to close with him but they had a good relationship. "damn lannie, why did both the conklin girls get so.. hot?" jeremiah asks sarcastically as he spins dylan.

"ew jere, be a gentleman.." dylan says as she playfully pushes him. "do y'all know what time it is?" jeremiah asks as him and steven grab ahold of belly. then out of nowhere dylan feels herself being picked up by conrad and the boys go over to the pool.

"a delly flop!" they yell as dylan closes her eyes. they did this every year. the first year they called it a belly flop but they didn't want dylan to feel left out so they merged the twins names together and threw them in, and it had been the same every year since.

"wait, wait!" dylan heard belly cry out as she felt herself being thrown into the air. "i'm sorry dylan!" conrad calls out as dylan plunges into the water. she then resurfaces after a few seconds as she struggles to get out.

"you're so lucky i wasn't wearing makeup conrad fisher, now help my sister out." dylan says as she eyes belly. "are y'all using twin telepathy or some shit?" steven mocks as dylan flips him off. they were though. as conrad held his hand out for belly she pulled him in instantly sending everyone in an eruption of laughter.

n,

that avatar slideshow was wild as idk what..