013. milkshakes at casey's

— 013

— 013. milkshakes at casey's —
'august'

the riddler🗣

the riddler🗣
yo would you wanna meet up tdy?

dylan
ik for a fact u saw dnd.

and no. i have better things to do

the riddler🗣
why not?
what better things?

dylan
there u go again with ur questions

the riddler🗣
if u change your mind we can get milkshakes at casey's

at that last message roman sent dylan placed her phone down with a sigh. for one she didn't even wanna meet up with him let alone get milkshakes from their spot. her and cam used to go there all the time and she remembers it like it was yesterday.

... three years ago

DYLAN AND BELLY HAD JUST FINISHED latin convention as they made their way to cousins. soon they settled in and dylan decided that she would head out on her own. before leaving her mother gave the thirteen year old a strict talk on strangers as the girl went on her way.

she walked around the beach for a bit as she became hungry. she then decided to check out casey's. it was some cool retro looking diner with one large strawberry and another large chocolate milkshake on top of the building.

upon entering she began scavenging through her wallet for some money. as she was about to look up she found herself running straight into someone. "oh my god i'm so sor-." she begins as the figure helps her up.

"dylan?" the voice asks softly. she then looks up to find sextus from latin convention looking down at her with a smile. "cam?" she asks happily. "yeah, what are you doing in cousins?" he asks.

"oh um, my moms best friend has a beach house here, i come with my brother and sister." dylan explains. "oh, so y'all are like close i take it?" cam awkwardly asks as dylan smiles. "very, conrad's like my brother, and jere's one of my best friends." she says.

"would you wanna... go in here and get some stuff?" he asks. "absolutely it's burning out here. i have to say i only have like five bucks though." she says with a laugh. "no worries, i'll pay for you." he says with a shrug.

"i couldn't let you do that." she insists as he waves her off. "last one in is a loser!" he yells as he rushes in. dylan who was a few steps behind him groaned. she hated losing. "for the record, i'm not a loser." she says pointing to cam as they wait in line.

"ok, i believe you." cam says as they walk up to the register. he then motions to dylan so she can order. "uh, i'll take a dr.pepper float." she says with a smile. "can i get a grasshopper milkshake, two straws." cam says as dylan looks at him.

"grasshopper? i thought you were vegan.." she says. "i am, but my only exception is ice cream. also it's not actually grasshopper, it's mint cookies and cream you loser." he says as he takes the cup to the table. "am not a loser." she reminds him.

"just try this." he says as he sticks both straws in. as dylan takes a sip cam speaks up. "good?" he asks. "better than i expected, i think that's my new favorite." she says proudly. "i mean i do tend to have an effect on people." he says cockily as dylan sips her float.

"yeah an effect like chicken pox." she says as cam flips her off mid sip. they came there everyday after that. they'd always bring extra cash to play their favorite songs on the juke box and cam would always ask dylan what she thought the song meant as she sipped her grasshopper milkshake.

it was almost like their tradition. they'd meet up every day and order the same things. talk about the same things and just enjoy each other's company. but then dylan remembers the day her heart broke.

just the day before they had finished up their milkshakes like they always did as her and cam walked out. they stood outside of the diner in the breezy august air as they awkwardly stared at each other. "same time tomorrow?" dylan asks with a smile as cam nods.

just as she turns to walk away she feels a tug on the large flannel she wore as cam pulled her in. "what are you doing?" she asks with a laugh. "i uh, i don't know." he says as he leans in, connecting his lips with the girls in front of him.

as he pulled away he scanned her face for any sign of discomfort, disgust, or that she didn't like the kiss, that she hated him for it. but before he could look anymore she pulled him by his collared shirt giving him a sweet innocent kiss as his face burned into a ruby blush.

"i didn't know when to give it to you, so here." she says casually as she opens his hands, placing a baby glass whale she had won on the boardwalk, knowing that sea animals and marine biology was something he took major interest in.

"thank you," he says, still having some sort of effect on him from the kiss she gifted him. "no problem, you just gotta pay for my milkshake tomorrow sea boy." she says as he snickers at the silly nickname. "it would be my honor." he says as he gives her one last wave before they depart.

the next day she was waiting outside of casey's for hours until she finally came to the realization that cam stood her up. she thought he wasn't that type of person so when she reached the beach house she texted him over and over to make sure he was ok.

but she got no reply. she instantly began to replay everything that happened, wondering if she was the one who did anything wrong. she then scolded herself because she knew she shouldn't have let her guard down.

she shouldn't have allowed herself to fall in love.

the riddler🗣

dylan
casey's at 5
don't make me regret it

the riddler🗣
i'll look extra nice for u
dylan disliked message

dylan
you alr make me wanna barf.
read at 3:23pm

n,
i hope y'all listened to august while u read this chap
i'm not gonna out songs like that for every chapter, just the ones i think are important to have music

what do we think abt roman??