029. confident

— 029

— 029. confident —

SOON AFTER EVERYONE came back and helped set up, they all dispersed and changed into their outfits. as dylan walked up to her room, which was now an empty space she was stopped by belly.

"hey, lannie." she says as dylan hums confused. "got you these..!" belly says as she hands dylan a pair of rollerblades and holds up her matching pair. "mom and annah's rollerskates?" dylan laughs as belly nods.

"hurry and get ready!" belly says as she rushes dylan into her bedroom. since the party was an 80's theme dylan dressed in her outfit inspired by kelly lebrock's physical ed outfit in the weird science movie.

it was a bit more revealing than she was used to but she felt good in it. she curled her hair and wore light makeup as she spritzed some perfume on her wrists and neck. she looked in the mirror one last time before leaving the room and putting her rollerblades on at the bottom of the steps.

the party seemed to be just starting as she went into the kitchen, grabbing two mini glasses and some random bottle of an alcohol she didn't know. she then rolled into the main room as she danced along to 'confident' by justin bieber blasting on the speakers.

"i see you added it to the playlist." dylan comments as she rolls up to where cam is doing his job being the dj. he wouldn't admit it, but he knew she was coming when she wasn't even four feet away. that's how intoxicating her perfume was to him.

"yeah whatever.." he mumbles with a small smile, not yet looking up at dylan. "do you want some?" she asks as she pours herself some of the mysterious liquid.

"want wh—...." cam says as he looks up at dylan. she looked amazing. "some of this?" dylan says with a laugh as she gives the bottle a small shake. "oh, no thank you." he says as dylan looks up as if she realized something.

"oh my god, i'm so sorry how could i forget!" dylan says as she gently places her hand on her forehead. "it's ok, i don't mind if you drink." he says truthfully. "no, i'm so sorry. i'll be back.." dylan mutters. as she rolls through the party that is now at full blast she catches a glimpse of steven taking a picture of belly and conrad.

she smiled to herself as she picked up four caprisun's, skating back to cameron. he looked good but she knew not to comment on it, not wanting to make the night awkward. he wore a tropical kinda shirt with buttons and shorts.

"i'm back." dylan says as cam looks up. "i brought you a peace offering." dylan jokes as she hands cam two caprisuns. "thank you," he smiles as she nods then rolls away to the backyard where people were swimming and sitting.

she then took off her rollerblades as she noticed skye. she then walked over and sat next to them as she greeted them. "hey skye." she says simply as skye smiles. "hey dylan. you look nice, weird science?" they ask as dylan nods.

"finally someone knows!" she exclaims. "did you get tired of the party?" skye asks. "not really, just needed some air?" she says unsure. "hey uh dylan.. i have a question." skye admits.

"shoot." dylan says as she listens. "you dated cam right?" she asks as dylan nods. "seven months, why?" she asks as skye sighs. "well, do you still..." she begins. "have feelings for him?" dylan asks as skye nods.

dylan sat in silence for a quick second. "do you?" she asks skye as she gets no answer. "i know it's not right to answer a question with a question but.. do you..?" dylan asks. "i'm not sure.. i just kinda want to know if you do?" skye says.

"honestly?" dylan asks as skye nods. "i'll always love cam. sometimes i think i'll also always be in love with him.. i don't really get it, it's that when i look any further into where i am now... i'm always there.. with cam." dylan explains.

"sorry this is getting really deep. do you want a drink..?" dylan says quickly. "uh, sure!" skye says as dylan nods before walking away. she puts her rollerblades back on before rolling into the kitchen and pouring herself a strong drink and downing it.

she then pours some juice and sprite into two cups before topping it with some random alcohol and rolling through the party. she looked around for a slight glimpse of cam but she didn't see him at all.

she shrugged it off as she rolled outside. as she was about to reach skye she was stopped by a taller figure. it was some boy with blonde, almost brunette hair. "excuse me." dylan says kindly as she tries to skate the other way.

"wait, i just wanna talk to you," the boy says with a laugh. "oh, i uh, left my friend over there." dylan says trying to get out of the awkward situation. "i'm hayden." he says as dylan looks at him closely before laughing.

"there's no way.." she says to herself. "huh?" he asks confused. "you really don't remember me?" she asks as he shakes his head no. "i'm sure i'd remember such a beautiful and confident girl like you." he says which makes dylan shudder and almost throw up in her mouth.

she'd also never been called confident which was something new to her. "well let me try to help you remember.. 'blah blah you skank.. blah..' does that ring a bell?" she asks as his face becomes red.

"oh shit, you're dylan dylan." he says as dylan spots cam and skye laughing by the pool in the corner of her eye. "yeah that's me.." she says, watching the pair closely. she then notices them inching closer as her heart drops.

"it was so nice seeing you hayden!" she lies as she pats his chest. she then rolls over to skye quickly as she speaks up. "skye i got our—." she begins the splash. cam and skye quickly look over as dylan takes off her rollerblades and swims to the stairs to get out of the water.

they could hear people yelling "there's a fight" as more people like the ones who shoved dylan into the pool run into the house. cam then rushes over to her as he helps her up. "are you ok?" he asks as she shrugs him off.

"i'm fine." she mutters as she walks away down to the beach.

n,
hiii