019. the way things go

— 019

— 019. the way things go —

DYLAN DROVE HOME AFTER her sister with an empty feeling. ever since annah passed everything seemed different. she only still talked to conrad since jeremiah pushed her away and it was like she didn't exist to him.

that confused her a lot since she made him promise that nothing that happened with him, belly and conrad would get in between them, but he lied. even though conrad did break her sisters heart she was still there for him.

he was grieving. and no, breaking a girls heart who's madly in love with you isn't ideal.. but he wanted her to have someone better, or at least for him to have time to go get better for her.

but as dylan stepped into her sisters room and heard the news, the empty feeling was replaced with a worried one. she rushed out and scrolled clicking on conrad's contact as she pressed call. no answer.

connie🫂

lannie🫂
where the actual hell are you conrad???

lannie🫂
ik you read my message conrad fisher.

connie🫂
lannie i'm dealing with something. i'm fine

lannie🫂
are you sure? was it your panic attacks?

connie🫂
no, dylan. i'm fine i promise everything is fine

lannie🫂
i don't believe you
read

"he answered me." dylan says as she enters belly's room. "so he answered you but not me or jere?" she asks with a sort of snarky tone. "well yeah, he's your ex. and they don't really have much to talk about if it isn't you." dylan says with the same snarky attitude her sister delivered as she begins to walk out.

"dylan wait." belly says sympathetically. "can we not do this right now? i'll see you in the morning when we leave." dylan says as belly calls out for her again. "dylan i wanted to be there for you. when susannah died, when you and cam broke up." belly says as it sends dylan into a spiral.

she remembered the day cam asked her out like it was yesterday. it was about a few days after dylan confessed. she made her way down to the beach with cam since he wanted to "whale watch" with her. she remembered going and looking around the empty beach as she felt hands sweep her up.

"cam put me down!" she exclaims as she hangs over his shoulder. "not a chance. we have somewhere to be!" he says happily as she laughs. "you're stronger than you look sea boy." she says sassily as she squeezed his muscles.

"why thank you," he says with a smile as he places dylan in the passengers side of his car. a while later of dylan continuously asking where they were going, cams car came to a halt. "why are we at the country club?" dylan asks confused as cam opens the door for her.

"we may or may not be having dinner on the golf course.." cam says as they run hand in hand outside to the course. "jesus cam. this is..." dylan begins. "extraordinary?" he asks with a smile.

"i was gonna say... this is super sweet of you. but we can go with extraordinary." dylan says as she takes a seat. "i got milkshakes. dylan and cam can never sit down and eat without milkshakes." cam says as dylan nods in delight.

"so what's the special occasion?" dylan asks suspiciously as cam smiles. he then grabs her soft hands as he looks her straight in her eyes. one beautifully blue, the other hazel. "dylan. you know i love you right?" he asks as dylan nods confused.

"but i wanna love you differently." he says as she tilts her head confusedly. "i want you to be my girlfriend- only if you want!" he exclaims as his awkwardness takes over. "do- do you wanna be my girlfriend...?" he asks as he shuts his eyes wishing for a hopeful answer.

"yeah, cam. i wanna be your girlfriend." dylan says smiley as she places a sweet kiss onto cams lips making his face burn a bright pink. "that's cool- i mean, like really cool." he says as he stuffs his mouth. "i think you'll make an amazing boyfriend." dylan says with a smile as as she wipes the side of cams face with a napkin.

she smiles to herself as she realized it was just a memory now, and she wasn't on the golf course with cam. she was listening to her sisters bullshit. "well you weren't belly. and i get you we're also dealing with your own shit. but that's kinda a time when people come together. and deal with their shit together." dylan says, her voice laced with anger as belly slugs in her bed.

"dylan you know that's not how i wanted it to go. it was just a mess. with conrad- and jere! he was- is still so mad at me." belly tries to explain. "well isabel i guess that's just the way things go when you mess with two brothers at the same time." dylan says, sarcasm dripping through her tone as she walks out.

she wouldn't lie, she felt like shit for saying that last sentence. but like she told belly, that was just the way things went. no matter tried to keep everything- everyone glued together.. it just crumbled apart.

n,
conrad and dylan's matching contact names>>>>

i love the way most people hate jeres love confession in chapter 12💀💀

soccer has me so drained alr and it's only been one day of practice i'm so rusty

also more cute dylan and cam coming soon (but only in flashbacks😕)
they were sooo cute i promisee