030. pain and regret

-- 030

-- 030. pain and regret —

cam

I QUICKLY EXCUSED MYSELF from skye  as i walked down to the beach after dylan. i had no clue what had almost happened with skye back then but it could never happen again. i huffed to myself as i caught the sight of dylan slouching as she sat in the sand.

"dylan.." i say softly as i take a seat next to her, planting my feet in the sand. she looked so beautiful even though she was so distressed. her once curled hair, now soaking wet flowed down her back and her face glistened with water, highlighting every feature of her pretty face.

"i don't want your pity cam." she whispers under her breath, almost embarrassed. "dylan i think i've seen worse happen to you." i say, trying to lighten the mood. "no you haven't." she mutters.

"it's nothing to be embarrassed of." i admit as she lowly scoffs. "i'm not embarrassed cam. i'm upset." she admits. "why..?" i ask obliviously. "because i don't like anyone who isn't me being like that with you." she whispers.

a small smile etches on my face as i speak. "speak up dylan." i say as i see a small red blush appears across her face. "i don't like anyone who isn't me being like that with you." she says louder, this time facing me.

i inhale slowly as i cup her jaw and connect our lips together. her lips tasted like pure alcohol, or in other words, her once wise words, pain and regret. but that didn't make me pull away. nothing would make me pull away.

because even though i could hardly get past the vodka there was still a slight taste of vanilla, her chapstick. after a while i pull away taking a needed breath as i speak up. "then you be like that with me... only you." i whisper into her ear as she hooks her arm around my neck and climbs her way into my lap.

i wasn't sure why she had climbed into my lap but i prepared myself. it wasn't until i felt her cold body against mine, hugging me. after a few seconds i could hear soft sobs as i engulfed her, not caring she was soaking wet.

"i'm sorry cam." she whispers. "you don't have to be sorry for anything.." i begin as i pull her away to look at me. "i love you." i say boldly as i kiddish smile appears on dylan's face. "i love you more." she says as i decide to tease.

"what was that?" i ask as i lift her from my lap and over my shoulder. "cam!" she shouts. "what was that?" i repeat. "i love you!" she shouts as she laughs. i then begin heading for the water as she begs.

"say i'm the best ever.." i warn. "no what the heck?" she says as she laughs. i then softly drop her into the water as she shrieks. "cameron!" she says as she grabs me and pulls me into the water along with her.

for about thirty minutes we splashed each other back and forth until we decided to go back to the beach house. the party had died down as we made our way to dylan's empty room. she walked into her closet. throwing me the bag of clothes i had brought to change as i turned away, allowing her to change.

after i had changed my clothes i remained turned and facing the wall until i heard dylan softly call my name. "cam?" she said as i hummed in response. "could you.. help me?" she asked. she sounded almost embarrassed.

i slowly turned as i was met by her in some sort of body suit that went with her outfit. "could you just unzip it?" she asks shyly as i nod. i slowly walked up to her as i began to unzip it. my icy hands touched her bare back as she slightly winced, before peeling the wet clothing off of her shoulders.

as she pushed the wet material off her arms she turned to see if i was still there as i turned to face the wall embarrassed. i could hear her let out a soft stifled laugh as my face burned red in embarrassment.

"i'm done." i heard her say after a few minutes. as i turned around i saw her dressed in my whale watchers shirt which was a bit too big for her and a pair of hello kitty pajama pants. i chuckled to myself lightly as i watched her lay in her makeshift bed on the floor.

i then grabbed a blanket from her bay window as i lay next to her, "let's share blankets." she mutters quietly. after a few minutes of comforting silence, something we had become so used to.. i break it. "dylan i want you back." i blurt out as i turn to face her.

"what?" she asks confused, "i want you back, i want you to want me." i say. "do you want me..?" i ask nervously as she sits up.

"of course i do you idiot."

n,
guys i can't stop saying chat.

anyway next chapter is the epilogue AKA THE LAST CHAPTER