018. funny feeling

— 018

— 018. funny feeling —

SINCE DYLAN'S CONFESSION THE rest of the summer was amazing. her and cam spent almost every day together and by the time it was time for her to head home she was no longer the only one out of her friends to not have that sort of male contact...

she felt amazing. and cam was amazing. everything was just amazing. it was like he didn't change a bit since she met him, the same personality and everything. she was glad that he was the one she experienced those things with.

like when he saved dylan from the most awkward thanksgiving when conrad and belly went together and jere threw a fit. he always managed to get dylan out of those sort of things. but now those were just memories.

because a few months ago susannah's cancer got worst, and dylan began to distance herself from cam. but they both knew she didn't want to, she didn't mean to. but then susannah died. and that's when it all came crumbling down.

dylan and cam broke up after six months together. they seemed to push through it all, but just not this time. it wasn't anyones fault in particular but dylan wasn't herself. and that's when cam got the painful but effective idea that they should've taken a break.

so they did. and dylan got even worse, which was the opposite of what cam wanted. then she finished the school year with a fake smile on her face. but today her smile was real. her big brother was graduating and going to princeton.

she was so proud that the smile had no room to be fake. she sat in the crowd next to belly as they eyed the empty chair. they both knew it was meant for susannah. steven's speech was also great.

he said somethings that dylan really held onto. but now they were having lunch with their parents as steven kept going on about going viral. "ok, mr.valedictorian i'm gonna change all my socials to dylan 'stevens sister' conklin." dylan says as steven playfully shoves her.

"hey you might get more followers!" he shrugs as their parents laugh, amused at their kids. soon they're done eating as they rush out to get ready for the party. dylan really didn't feel like coming but she wanted to for steven.

she dressed in a cousins whale boat tee and denim shorts as taylor and belly walked in. "change now!" taylor yells as dylan groans. "it still smells like him." she mumbles as belly goes to her closet.

"wear this." belly suggests. "i'd be half naked...?" dylan says as taylor nods. "that's kinda the point. let's make your body count go from one to ten!!" she jokes as dylan groans. "tay that makes me seem like a- never mind. i'm wearing this end of story." dylan says as both girls groan at dylan.

"fine! what about... this?" she asks as she picks up a white laced crop top. "that's cute, yes." belly says as dylan changes. soon they make it to the party, dylan driving her own car as they walk around.

belly was supposed to be the designated driver but dylan didn't wanna drink either so she found herself a dr.pepper as she sat on a swing. soon she felt a presence near her as a boy from school she remembered approached her.

"hey dylan." he says casually as she looks up. "hey nathan." she replies back as he takes a seat next to her. "whatcha doing?" he asks trying to start conversation, but she could tell he was a bit drunk.

"nothing, just sitting here.." she says as he nods, taking another sip from his drink. "i have a question, and stop me if i'm being bold.. but would you get with me? your just really pretty and i know your not dating anyone.." nathan asks as dylan is taken back.

there was a sort of funny feeling in her stomach. she wasn't ready to move on from cam. they only broke up a month and a half ago. "i think you are a bit drunk.." she mumbles as he looks away in embarrassment. "i'm sorry." he says.

"no, it's ok. i just- i just got out of a relationship and i'm still healing from someone very close to me passing. i just don't think it's a good time you know?" she says as he nods sympathetically.

"we can still be best buds if you want?" she asks with a laugh as he nods with a smile. she then says bye as she walks over to where steven and belly were. just as she walked over a splash of beer flew barely missing dylan but getting all over belly.

she groaned at her brother because he did tend to act like a two year old when he got drunk. belly then said something about going home as they began arguing. "what's your deal man!?" steven asks as belly sighs.

"if you hadn't noticed.. susannah just died so i'm a bit sad." belly says as dylan rolls her eyes. she hated when belly did that. she let all her problems fall back on susannah's death and she always made it seem like dylan and steven didn't care.

but what she didn't know was that the day susannah died steven was the one who helped dylan through a panic attack. and ever since then he's always watched out for her closer than ever. and steven cried too. he cried so much, dylan realized she'd never seen that side of her brother.

dylan tuned them back in as she heard steven speak up. "you had jeremiah. but you just had to have conrad too." he says as dylan takes a step forward. that was a low blow, even for steven. "i had to have conrad?" belly asks with a laugh.

"i was in love steven! like out of my mind in love. what was i supposed to do!?" she asks as stevens expression drops. belly than began to leave as he called out for her.

"leave it. i'll go talk to her." dylan says as she pats her brothers shoulder before hopping in her car and following after her sister.

n,
sorry they couldn't be happy forever but y'all WILL be getting flashbacks of their relationship 🙈