027. peach rings

— 027

— 027. peach rings —

DYLAN WOKE UP TO warm arms around around her waist. the feeling made her snuggle in closer as she breathed in the subtle fall smell. she then felt whoever it was shift a bit, as if they didn't want to wake her but she was already up.

she opened her eyes to see cam peering down at her. she then quickly looked away as she peered at her phone. it had only been about an hour since they had all collectively gone to sleep. she sighed as she turned back to cam, knowing she couldn't fall back asleep.

"you couldn't sleep?" he asks cautiously. "i was.. something just woke me up." dylan says as she grabs some peach rings from the bags of food they bought. as she has one hanging from her lips she tilts the bag over to cam who gives a small smirk before grabbing one.

"not as good as the milkshakes.." cam says softly as dylan nods. "nothing will ever be as good as the milkshakes." she clarifies. cam then looks up as dylan can tell he's physically biting his tongue to keep his words in.

"what?" she asks with a smile as she chews on a peach ring. "it's nothing." he says but then goes back to biting his tongue. "say it cameron." she says seriously as she points the bag of candy at him.

"you said nothing will ever be as good as the milkshakes..." cam begins. "yeah?" dylan says cluelessly. "does that include us?" he says quietly as dylan softly laughs. "no cam. it doesn't include us. the milkshakes were a part of us, a great part." dylan says as cam looks down at her smiling.

"you wanna talk about it?" she asks as he lets a breath go that even he didn't know he held in. "yeah." he says truthfully. "i'll go first, i'm so sorry." dylan says. "what for?" cam asks with a laugh.

"for the way i acted. i was so in love with you that it hurt to see the way you were ending it." dylan says as cams hearts stings when she says 'was'. "i know dylan. and i know i hurt you. there wasn't a moment that passed that i didn't want to just stop talking, stop saying it was for the best. because it wasn't." he says.

"so why'd you end it?" dylan asks, her head hung low. "because i don't know how to deal with grief." he says truthfully. "i don't mean that i don't know how to act when a person dies. but i mean i don't understand the reasons around it. when my sister died i think i cried when i found out, but after, i felt empty." he explains.

"i wasn't sad, but i definitely wasn't happy. i didn't laugh, but i didn't cry. i didn't smile but i also didn't frown. it was a cycle of confusion. and if i didn't know how to deal with it on my own, i knew i wouldn't be able to help you when you needed me the most." he says as he hangs his head in his lap.

"cam.. you wouldn't have had to. being around you.. just you— makes me feel better." dylan says as she lifts his face with her hand gently. "it's a feeling no weed out of an apple bong or a milkshake could give. i know grief is hard.. but it was even harder without you." dylan says, her voice breaking a bit as a few tears pour.

cam then gently grabbed the bottom of her chin as he connected his lips with hers. he could taste the light stream of tears that dripped down dylan's face and she could taste the faint flavor of the peach rings.

but then she realized that she was kissing cam, her ex. she wanted to pull away but she couldn't. it was like the kiss was magnetic. as their lips moved she could only remember the times they shared and how she let him in like no one before him.

"i'm sorry i—." dylan says as she pulls away, taking a few deep breaths. "no, dylan i'm sorry. please don't go." cam says. "i'm just— i'm just going for a quick walk." dylan says, her hand still lingering on her lips.

"dylan.." cam begins. "i'll be back." she says as she turns on her feet and heads down the hill trying to fight the urge to look back at him.

n,
hey y'all🙈

ik i've been goneee..i've been hoco prepping but tell me why basically the dude i'm going with is one of my closest friends and he asked me to go so i was like yehhhh and my friend got mad bc apparently she liked him? but she has a bf 💁🏽‍♀️ but anyway we're not even dating (yet😈) i'm jppp but yeah thats why i've been gone