010. margarita madness

— 010

— 010. margarita madness —

DYLAN WAS VERY CONFUSED. ever since her weird unexpected kiss with jeremiah he'd been acting weird. she didn't know why but today was not the day to be dwelling over stuff like that.

it was the fourth of july. dylan grew to love the fourth mostly because of how excited it made her mom and susannah. as she hopped out of bed she swung open her door and made her way down the hall to the bathroom.

right as she turned the corner she was met with jeremiah. "i'll come back.." she mutters as she begins to walk away. "dylan. just go take a shower. i can wait." jeremiah says opening the door for her. "i'll just come back jere." she says as the air grows awkward.

"are we good?" he asks randomly. "why wouldn't we be good?" she asks, her voice going up a pitch. "you just did that thing you do where your voice gets higher when you lie." jeremiah points out.

"i did not. we're fine. good. normal." she says as she scrambles into the bathroom and shuts the door. soon she finished her shower as she rushes to her room and picks out her outfit. she wore a baby blue cami dress which she adored.

she then quickly brushed out her wavy hair as she tied it with a cute red ribbon. for makeup she went light with just mascara and some lip gloss. she felt like she looked pretty. she then jumped up from her vanity as she rushed downstairs.

"happy fourth mom, annah!" dylan says as she waltz's into the kitchen. "you look so pretty sweetie." susannah says as dylan smiles then stops dead in her tracks. "mom...?" she says. "yes...?" laurel asks, using the same tone as her daughter.

"are you wearing makeup that isn't just chapstick?" dylan asks as she sees jeremiah coming downstairs. "dads coming with his new girlfriend." belly says as she carrie's sheets upstairs to the guest room.

"new girlfriend?" dylan asks with a strawberry hanging from her mouth. "her names victoria!" steven yells from the backyard. "well i think you look beautiful mom." dylan says as she walks outside to steven.

"your always the only one who actually dresses in red and or blue." steven says as he hangs up some decorations. "don't hate. your just not stylish like me." dylan says as steven scoffs. "now that we're alone are you gonna tell me what you were doing alone with jeremiah in that room?" steven asks.

just then they hear small hi's and hello's. "looks like victoria's here." dylan says with a shrug as she walks inside. she then walks over to her dad as she playfully punches his shoulder. "hey kid." he says as he brings her into a hug.

"hi, victoria. i'm dylan." she says as she shakes the woman's hand. "nice to meet you dylan, your dad has told me great things about you." she says as dylan smiles then turns away, heading towards the guest room.

"belly." she whisper yells as she walks in only to find belly and conrad fixing the bed together. "dad's here." dylan says awkwardly. "ok, i'll be down." belly says as dylan nods then heads out. as she was leaving she was sure she heard conrad say 'the bitch is here' which made her laugh a bit.

dylan hovered around her bedroom a bit as she finally decided to go back downstairs. as she entered the kitchen she found conrad and belly using the blender. "what's all this?" she asks. "uh, victoria was making margaritas so i decided we should have some too." belly says with a smile.

"we..?" dylan asks confused. "yeah, eveyone except the adults went to the beach. we're gonna play games and stuff." belly says as dylan grabs a glass filled with belly's concoction. as she takes a sip she hears one of the voices she prayed wouldn't be heard.

"my god is that dylan and belly?" someone says as their hands rests on dylan's shoulder. "hey adam." dylan says with a fake smile. it was conrad's dad. dylan then shot conrad a look as she already knew what he was thinking.

as she realized the look didn't get through to him she grabbed his arm and dragged him into the hall. "conrad just don't ok?" she says as the boy stares at her. "don't what lannie?" he asks annoyed.

"conrad don't blow up on him. and before you say it- no i'm not saying to act like nothing happened because it did. he did what he did. and i know it hurts, but just for today, for me, for your mom... don't do anything." dylan says as she looks at the boy hoping he'd understand.

"fine." he mutters as he makes his way back to the kitchen. soon the three teens made their way to the beach as they were met with familiar faces. dylan didn't really participate in the games, grabbing a drink every five minutes.

it angered her as she watched belly have someone so caring and loving as cam right next to her as she just disregarded him and stared at conrad. she took large sips every so often as she watched belly kiss him and hug him.

she knew he hated that because he didn't drink. but he liked belly enough to tolerate it and that upset dylan even more. about maybe two minutes had passed as dylan had enough. she grabbed two glasses full of belly's alcohol concoction as she stumbled away from the little party.

dylan didn't drink at all. she only drank when she was anxious or upset. like at the bonfire, that was the first time she'd ever touched alcohol. but for some reason this time she got out of hand. as she made her way down the beach, kicking the water with her feet she heard steps behind her.

she kept stumbling over her feet to the point where she spilled one of the glasses and almost fell. "jesus dylan stop walking." she hears the voice call behind her. "leave me alone jeremiah." she says flipping him off as she finishes her drink.

"dylan." he says as he catches up the her. "what!" she yells as she spins around in his direction. "how much have you had to drink." he says worried. "let's not do this." dylan says slurring her words. "do what dylan?" he asks carefully. 

"you act like i have margarita madness or something..." she mumbles with a laugh, thinking her joke was funny as he grabs the cup from her carefully. "ever since the party you've been hovering over me and acting like you care! i don't get it jere." she says swinging her arms in anger. "dylan i just wanna make sure you're ok." jeremiah says as he lifts his hand to her face, brushing her hair out of the way so he can see her clearly.

"don't touch me jeremiah." she says as she pushes his hand away. "just because you kissed me doesn't mean you have to be my guardian. i'm not your responsibility, i'm not a distraction and i'm not belly so just fuck off!" she yells as she pushes past him and begins walking towards the house.

n,
dylan's beginning to speak up for herself and express her emotions like a big girl 😻