014. rookie mistake

— 014

— 014. rookie mistake —
deja vu

DYLAN REGRETTED HER DECISION as soon as she exited the fisher house. she dressed in a cousins beach sweatshirt with a pair of black biker shorts. the weather was a bit breezy as she arrived at casey's.

she sighed to herself before opening her car door and walking in. was she really doing this...? she then spotted the boy who's instagram she had stalked for a few hours as she reluctantly walked over to him.

"you look better in person." he mumbles as she stops in her tracks. "hi to you too." she says sarcastically as she sits across from him. as she looks around her stomach twists a bit. "are you good? we can go to another place." he says wondering what was bothering the girl.

"i'm fine," she assures him as he nods. they then order as they begin to talk. "you seem a bit different than you were over text." she explains as he smirks. "i mean i do tend to have an effect on people." he says as dylan's smile drops a bit to fast.

"what? not a good joke or...?" he asks as she forces a smile. "no, you're just a bit more respectful in person, that's all." she says as he gives a small laugh. they then talked a bit more as dylan mindlessly dipped her grasshopper milkshake, listening to the crazy stories roman told.

"hey, do you know that kid over there? he keeps looking over like he knows you, and wants to kill me." roman says in the middle of his story as dylan's eyes linger around the diner landing on the one curly headed boy that was most familiar to her.

"uh, yeah. i know him. just don't mind him." she says slowly as she turns her head. "wait, is he your ex or something?" roman asks with a smirk as dylan shakes her head. "no, he isn't." she says as he nods.

"but he let you go right?" he asks as she groans. "there you go again with your questions, this is exactly why your contact name is what it is." dylan says as she sees cam walk out in the corner of her eye so she try's to lighten the mood, or better yet change the conversation.

"he definitely let you go. rookie mistake.." roman says as dylan lets out a small laugh. "and you think you wouldn't do the same?" she asks curiously. "i mean if i ever had a girl like you in front of me, i don't know if i'd ever let you out of my sight." he says suggestively as dylan shifts in her seat uncomfortably.

"cool." she mutters as he looks directly at her. "can i be straightforward with you and ask a question?" he asks as she nods awkwardly. "do i get anything out of this? you know.. being your deb ball date.." he says as dylan basically chokes on her smoothie.

"what?" she asks making sure she heard him clearly. "you know, after?" he asks. without thinking dylan bursted into laughter in his face. "yeah no, fuck you." she says as she slides her milkshake from in front of her and grabs her things.

"come on dylan, don't be like that. you're too pretty to be acting like that." he says following her as he grabs a hold of her waist in the parking lot. "don't fucking touch me." she says, her voice wavering as she pushes his hand off.

"we can try again when you calm down." he says with a sigh as dylan opens her car door. "we can try again when your in hell." she says as she slams her door, driving off. she should've known. she felt stupid.

about ten minutes later she arrived back to the fisher house as she slammed the front door and rushed upstairs in frustrated tears. as she finally calmed down she heard a knock on her door. "come in," she says lowly as her door creaks open and belly walks in.

"hey lannie, can we talk?" she asks as dylan nods while hiding the fact she'd been crying. "so.. i broke up with cam." belly says as dylan's head lifts up. "you what? why?" dylan asks as belly sighs.

"i wanted to see where things could go with conrad, but then i kissed jere." belly says as dylan stands up. "jeremiah fucking fisher." she mutters as belly looks at her confused. "what's wrong? now you can have him." belly says as dylan laughs.

"isabel, what the fuck.... is wrong with you?" dylan asks mid laugh. "cam is such a nice person who spent all that time to devoting himself to you while your chasing two brothers." dylan says as belly covers her eyes frustrated.

"dylan he fucking left you and broke your heart!" belly exclaims as dylan sighs, she knew that. but she also knew now why he did what he did and she couldn't hate him for it.

"do you know what i'd do just to have someone be that respectful and kind to me? i just went on a date where a guy wanted something in return for dancing with me at the deb ball! that's all i get belly, people toying with my feelings." dylan says as belly's eyes soften in empathy.

"i never said you deserve any of that, or that you dint deserve to be loved." belly says trying to defend herself. "you don't have to because i can fucking feel it isabel!" dylan shouts as belly's eyes well up. "you have it belly. you have someone who loves you, right in front of you and you're throwing it all away." dylan says as she stumbles downstairs and into the backyard.

she expected to be alone but she was surprised to find susannah smoking weed on a pool chair. "annah?" dylan asks with tears in her eyes. susannah then instantly put out the flame as she took in dylan's appearance.

"oh sweetheart, what happened?" she asks as dylan breaks down in her arms. "i'm tired annah, i'm so tired of all of it.." she says as she snuggles her head into susannah's chest. "i know dyl, i'm sorry sweet girl." susannah whispers into dylan's hair as the girl sniffs and hiccups her heart out.

n,

y'all i'm so sad abt angus...