Sᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ Hᴏᴜsᴇ (3)

______________________________________

Liz sat in the backseat with what seemed like a permanent frown on her face. She was now more than annoyed and wanted to go home. Not to mention she had to sit in the middle seat. Again.

Jeremiah opened the door and helped Conrad in. "Come on. Get in the car. Watch your head. Legs, legs."

"Yes. I know how to get into a car." Conrad sighs as Jeremiah closes the door before getting in the drivers seat.

Conrad looks over at Liz who looks down at her hands.

"Belly. Let's go. Get in." Jeremiah says

"Cam can give me a ride home. Right, Cam ?" She says as she and a boy stood outside of the door.

"Yes. That's no problem." Cam says quickly

"No, you're not gonna get in a car with a guy you just met."

"I'm Cam. Cameron." He says as he holds his hand out for Jeremiah to shake

"Your name is Cam Cameron ?" Jeremiah squints

"No, it's ju-just Cam." He chuckles awkwardly, "But we actually, we know each other. Seventh grade. Latin convention. So, like, we're not total strangers."

"Okay. No offense, but no. Belly, get in the car."

"Please just get in the car, Bells." Liz sighs heavily

Just as she says this Dakota opens the door on her right to get in. He looks over at Liz who's head is tilted back against the headrest with her eyes closed.

"Bye." They hear Cam say as Belly gets in the car. Jeremiah starts the car and pulls off before slamming on the brakes. Liz and Dakota's heads jerk forward.

"Dude." She says

Dakota sighs, "We fucking forgot Steven," He says before opening his door

"Shit." Jeremiah says as he puts the car in park and takes his seatbelt off, "Watch Conrad. We'll be right back." He says to both girls before getting out of the car.

Liz frowns as she sits up, "Where the hell is he supposed to sit ?"

Belly looks at her through the mirror. They jump as someone knocks on the window. They look to see a cop standing outside of the car.

"Have you kids been drinking ?" She asks. Liz sighs as her head hits back against the head rest

______________________________________

"Officers, thank you. It won't happen again, I can promise you that much." Laurel says as the kids sit in the hallway

"Tell Mr. Fisher the chief wants to set up a tea time when he gets back in town." The officer says

"Absolutely. Sorry again for all the trouble. Have a good night, Officers." She says as she leads them out the door.

She turns to the kids, "How could you guys be so irresponsible ?"