Lᴏᴠᴇ Tʀɪᴀɴɢʟᴇ (3)

______________________________________

Liz woke up the next morning more than tired than she initially was the night before. She barely slept considering how she tossed and turned the whole night. She's pretty sure Belly's hand had slapped her in the face a couple of times too. She sat up and saw Jeremiah and Belly were gone. She sighs as she rubs her eyes.

The bathroom door opens and Belly walks out. The girl smiles at her as she walks across the room.

"Morning."

"Good morning," Liz says as she gets up. She's careful to not step on Conrad as she walks towards the bathroom.

"Hey, where's Jere ?" Belly frowns

"I'm not sure. He was gone when I woke up."

Belly nods as Liz closes the bathroom door. She hears the other door close as she turns on the sink.

She brushes her teeth and washes her face and walks out. She stops as she sees Conrad now awake. She walks over to her bag as Conrad looks up.

She digs around for clothes as Conrad folds his blanket up and puts it back in the closet.

"You mind if I get dressed before you go in ?" She asks as she turns to him with her clothes in hand.

"No, go ahead." He mumbles as he grabs his bag. Liz nods as she goes back in the bathroom. 

______________________________________

Liz had texted Belly a couple of times, but got no answer. She figured she had found Jeremiah, so she didn't think much of anything. She looks up as Conrad comes out of the bathroom. He heads to his bag on the bed and folds his clothes up. She looks back down at her phone.

"Can we talk ?" He says. Liz looks up as he stares at her. She nods as she stands and walks to him.

"Yeah. Yeah, actually, I, uh... I wanted to talk to you, too."

"Okay. Um..." He nods, "So I'm gonna go first. Um... About last night. Um... I was pissed at Jere, and, um... I... guess I was just trying to make it up to you because I felt bad. I just want you to know that, whatever I said, I didn't mean it. We're cool. We're friends."

Liz scoffs softly as she looks down. "Yeah. Friends."

"Okay. I was just about to head out."

"Mhm." She mumbles. As he grabs his bag, the butterfly bracelet falls out. Liz's eyes close as she looks at it. Conrad picks it up and holds it out to her.

"You should take it. It's still yours."

"No." She shakes her head

"I don't want to keep it anymore."

"I don't want it, Conrad. We've done this before." She sighs

"It doesn't feel like last time." He says softly. Liz looks up at him as he looks down at the bracelet. She takes it from him as she frowns. He reaches over and grabs his bag as Belly and Jeremiah walk in.

"Breakfast ?" Jeremiah says as he holds up a bag.

"No, I was just about to... head out, actually. Front desk said there's a bus at 8:30. I'm gonna go back to Cousins." He says as he looks toward Liz who still has her eyes on the bracelet.

"A-Are you sure ? 'Cause, you know, I have to go back and swap cars anyway..."

"You can just take my car. I'll get your car back to Boston. It's no biggie." He says shaking his head. "See you guys at the Fourth of July ?"

"Yeah, I'll be there."

"Yeah. I, uh... I wouldn't miss Susannah's favorite holiday." Belly smiles softly. Conrad looks at Liz who's arm drops as she looks out of the window.

He looks down as he walks up to Jeremiah. "Make sure she gets back safe, okay ?" He whispers to him. He passes him and opens the door.

"Bye. Conrad." Belly says as he closes the door. Liz sits down on the bed as she lets out a deep sigh.

"Liz ?" Jeremiah says. Liz shakes her head as tears fill her eyes. She looks up at them.

"No." She says. Belly frowns, "No. He's not doing this to me again." Liz says as she gets up and grabs her bag on the way out. She looks back and forth before she walks down the hall. She stops as she sees Conrad sitting by the wall.

She walks up and kneels down beside him. He jumps as he blinks away his tears.

"Liz.." He gets cut off

"You're not doing this to me again. I've wanted you my whole life and now that I know I can have you I'm not letting you push me away."

"You deserve better, Liz." He mumbles as he looks away from her.

"How do you know what's best for me ? You don't get to decide that. I do."

He look at her as her eyes fill with tears.

"I love you, Conrad." She says. His breath hitches as he searches her face. "I love you and I'm tired of being away from you. So please stop pushing me away."

A silence falls over them. He sighs as she sniffles, "I don't want to hurt you, Lizzie."

"You're hurting me by telling me you don't want me when you and I both know you do."

He looks down at the ground as he starts to cry harder. She puts her bag down and scoots closer to hug him. His arms going around her waist instantly as his head falls to her chest. She runs her fingers through his hair as they sit there never wanting to let each other go.

______________________________________

Liz was unpacking her things in her room. She and Conrad had made it to Cousins a couple of hours ago as the movers had brought everything back to the summer house.

She reaches into a box and pulls out her cork board. She smiles as she looks over all of the pictures. She turns as she hears a knock at her door. Conrad smiles at her as he walks in.

"Hey."

"Hey, you okay ?" He asks as he stands in front of her.

"Mhm." She nods as she sets the board down. He looks at it and smiles as the picture of him and Liz. He looks at her as she smiles back up at him. He walks closer and wraps his arms around her neck. She immediately wraps her arms around his waist. She sighs as she hugs him tighter. He lays his head on hers as they slightly sway back and forth.

A comfortable silence falling over them as they finally held each other.

"Can I ask you something ?" Liz says looking up.

"Whatever you want."

"Why were you so upset when you saw Belly and Jeremiah ?"

"Because I thought about how I screwed up with you. Their relationship came to be so easily and I just want that with you."

"Easy's never fun, though." She says

Conrad watches as a smile grows on her face. He chuckles as he shakes his head. He leans down and kisses her. Liz sighs in relief as she deepens the kiss.

Both of their hearts racing as they finally came together again.

It was finally Liz and Conrad again.

______________________________________

ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ sᴇᴀsᴏɴ 2 !!! ʜᴏᴘᴇꜰᴜʟʟʏ ᴡᴇ ɢᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ sᴇᴀsᴏɴ sᴏᴏɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇɴ ɪ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴜʏs ᴇɴᴊᴏʏᴇᴅ ɪᴛ. ɪ ᴡᴀs ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ʀɪᴠᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴀᴋᴏᴛᴀ. ɪᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ɢʀᴏᴡɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ. ʟᴍᴋ ɪꜰ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴏᴜɴᴅs ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇsᴛɪɴɢ ʟᴍᴀᴏ. ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴜʏsss <3