Sᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ Lᴏᴠᴇ (3)

______________________________________

The final dance was about to start and everyone noticed that Jeremiah was missing. Liz watched Belly walk around frantically in search of him.

"Where's Jeremiah ?" Susannah asks, "Connie. Connie, have you seen your brother ?"

"He was just here a second ago." He shrugged. She then looked to Liz who shook her head.

Belly looked around nervously as she kept asking around for Jeremiah. Liz sighed softly before turning to Conrad. "You should go dance with her."

He quickly turns to her, "You know all of the dances and she can't be embarrassed at her first deb because Jere is awol."

He turned to Belly who was still looking around.

"Go, Connie, please." Liz begs.

He turned to her as he nods, "Okay." He says softly as he stands. Belly notices him standing and furrows her brows. She looked at Liz who nodded quickly as she smiled. Conrad walked up to her and took her hand as he pulled her into place just as the dance was going to start.

Liz smiles and sighs in relief as the dance started and everything was okay.

"Look at them. She's luminous." Susannah smiles. She looks over at Liz, "I really wish you were out there sweetie."

"This is Belly's time. It's about her." She says

"I meant with Conrad."

Liz frowns. Laurel turns to her with a knowing look, "For you, Conrad is the sun, and when the sun comes out, the stars disappear."

Liz's face softens as Laurel turns back to the dance. She looks over at Susannah who winks before she does the same as Laurel. Liz was lost in her thoughts and had hardly realized that Jeremiah had come back.

"Jeremiah, honey, where were you ?" Susannah says

"I-I ate something. I think maybe the shrimp was bad."

"Oh, honey, I'm so sorry. You know, the caterer is gonna be hearing from me."

"Okay, Karen." Laurel says sarcastically

"I'll get you some ginger ale. Excuse me." She says as she calls out to a worker. Liz looked up at the sound of applause and realized the dance was over. Belly gave Conrad a side hug as she smiled.

"I'll be right back." Jeremiah says

"Oh, no, honey, are you gonna be sick again ? Where is that ginger ale ?" Susannah frowns looking around, "I'm gonna get you one from the bar." She says as she walks over. Liz looked at Jeremiah's face and could tell something was wrong.

"Jere." She called out as he walked out to Conrad and Belly. She stood up and walked over.

"Hey." Jeremiah says quietly