Lᴏᴠᴇ Sᴄᴇɴᴇ (2)

______________________________________

A couple of hours later, the three had finally made it to Brown. As they got out of the car, Liz called Jeremiah.

"Hey." Jeremiah says

"Hey, um, I'm here." Liz says

"Where ?"

"Uh, on campus somewhere." She says as she looks around. "Are you not... ?"

"I am. I'm heading to Conrad's dorm now. All right ? Meet me there." He says before he hangs up

Liz sighs as she puts her phone in her pocket.

"What did he say ?" Belly says

"To meet him at Conrad's dorm."

"Okay, then let's go." Dakota says

"I don't know where his dorm is. I just know it's on the top floor." Liz says as she gestures to the school.

"Seriously ? How do you not know where his dorm is ?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, were you gonna drive me 4 hours each way to come here ?"

"Okay, okay. Um, we'll just go to the front and hope Jeremiah is there." Belly tries

Dakota huffs as he walks away. Liz rolls her eyes as she follows him. Belly rubbing her shoulder to comfort her.

______________________________________

"Hey, Jeremiah." Liz says

He turns and his face lights up as he sees them.

"Liz, hey." He says. He holds his hand out, "Dakota, what's up bro ?"

"Hey." Dakota says as they dap each other up.

"Hey, Belly."

"Hey. I got you this." She smiles as she holds out a coffee.

"Um, I'm good. Thanks." He says as he walks forward. She nods sadly as she throws the coffee away. Liz frowns as she follows Jeremiah.

"Thanks for coming all this way." Jeremiah says

"Have you heard anything from Conrad ?" Liz asks

"Nothing. He hasn't answered my calls or my texts." He sighs, "It's a good thing you're here
though, because I don't know what floor he's on or what room he's in."

"I don't think he's gonna be here." She says

"What makes you say that ?" Belly frowns

"Because he wouldn't be ignoring everyone if he was just here." She says as she looks around. "He's gonna be in Cousins." She says as she looks at Jeremiah.

"And he's gonna go to Cousins for what reason ?" Dakota says

"He could be missing Susannah ? Aren't we all ?" She says. Jeremiah nods as he looks down. "It wouldn't hurt to check, but I don't know where his dorm is either." Liz says as she shrugs. "I mean, I know he's on the top floor, but that's it."