Lᴏᴠᴇ Aғғᴀɪʀ

______________________________________

"Liz."

The girl groans as she moves around on the floor. She feels someone shake her.

"Liz. Wake up, honey."

Liz opens her eyes, but immediately closes them at the bright light. She hears footsteps retreating before her curtain is pulled closed. The footsteps come back towards her as they squat down next to her.

"Wake up, Lizzie."

Liz stretches before she pushes herself up. Her eyes open and widen as she sees Megan sitting in front of her.

"Mom ?"

"Hey, my love." She smiles, "You alright ?"

Liz sighs as Megan runs her hands through her hair trying to fix it.

"There's so much going on and I didn't know what to do, so I called you."

"I'm glad you did."

"She's selling the house, Mom. Susannah's house, she's selling it."

"I know, baby."

Liz frowns, "You know ?"

Megan hums as she nods. "I've known this whole time."

"Why didn't you say anything ?"

"Because I knew it would hurt you guys. It hurt me when I found out."

"It would've been better than being blindsided." Liz mumbles as she looks down at her hands

Liz looks up as she hears hard footsteps going down the hall. As she stands up, she sees Belly rushing down the hall. Liz goes up to her door as Belly rounds the corner down the stairs. She looks the other way and sees Conrad and Jeremiah standing there.

Conrad looks at her and his eyes soften as he stares at her. The girl turns back into her room and Megan steps closer to her. She holds her arms out and Liz immediately falls into them.

______________________________________

Megan left Liz to shower, so she and Laurel decided to check out the house. As they walk into the kitchen, Laurel frowns at the mess.

"Wha... ?" She mutters as she picks something up and sets it back down. As they keep walking, they see Conrad, Steven, and Dakota in the living room.

"Steven, what the hell ?"

"Mom."

"Liz drunk-dials Megan, and we drive all night to find... this ?!" Laurel exclaims, "I'm just glad your mom isn't here to see what you guys did to her house." She says to Conrad. The boy turns away, "I want this place spotless and for every single thing of Susannah's to be put back exactly where it belongs. If even one thing is broken or missing, I swear to God !"