Lᴏᴠᴇ Sᴄᴇɴᴇ (3)

______________________________________

It's silent as Liz and Dakota follow Jeremiah. Liz sighs before she reaches to turn the music up. Her phone chimes, but she ignores it.

"That River ? Why'd you ignore her ?"

"I'll call her later." She says as she looks out of the window.

He nods as he looks forward. He looks towards Liz who keeps her eyes out of the window.

"You know, I... went to Cousins this Spring to visit River. It's kind of weird being there when it's not summer." He says

"Yeah. I bet." She chuckles.

______________________________________

"On a scale of one to ten, how much trouble do you think we'll be in when they find out we're gone ?" Conrad smiles at Liz from the drivers seat before looking back at the road.

"Oh, I'm not getting into any trouble. I'm telling everyone you kidnapped me." She jokes

"What ? Please. You jumped at the chance." He says sarcastically

"Yeah, only because I've never seen a snowy beach."

"Me either. Last time I checked the weather out, there was only a 30% chance of flurries, but hopefully we'll get lucky." He smiles

She nods, "Hey, did Susannah like the bike you got her for Christmas ? You got the one with the basket, right ?"

"Yeah. Yeah, she loved it."

"Yeah." She smiles

"Thanks to you. I was just gonna get her a bathrobe."

Liz cringes. "I know, that's what Dakota got my mom this year."

"Really ?"

"Yeah. Why do boys suck so bad at giving presents ?"

"Honestly..." Conrad says with a head tilt, "I don't think she would have cared what I got her. You have no idea how happy she is that you're my girlfriend." He smiles. Liz blushes as she looks out of the window.

"Hey, I haven't told anyone yet, but I think I'm gonna switch my major to biology."

"Really ?" Liz gasps. Conrad hums in acknowledgment. "Wow."

"Yeah. I want to go premed."

"Wow."

"And for a while, I thought I wanted to go into the research end of it, but no, I think I'd rather be working with actual people."

"Because of your mom ?" Liz says softly

"She's getting better, you know." He smiles. Liz's heart flutters at seeing him so happy.