Lᴏᴠᴇ Aғғᴀɪʀ (2)

______________________________________

Conrad closed the door as he came down the steps with two trash bags. He threw one away and as he goes to throw the other, he sees Liz standing there with a bag.

"Oh." He says as he opens the garbage can for her. "After you."

"Thank you." She says as she throws it away. Conrad tosses his in right after her.

"You know, I'm almost afraid to say it out loud, but I'm... feeling hopeful." Liz says, "I mean, my mom's always been pretty good at schooling your dad."

"Thank you for calling Megan. I meant to say something earlier, but then..." He trails off, "It feels good to have them here, helping us out."

"Yeah." She nods

"Yeah."

Liz goes to walk away, "Can we talk about last night ?"

"Honestly, last night was, uh, kind of a blur." She says. "Whatever... whatever I said..."

"You were right." He cuts her off, "I never should have ended things like that. And the fucked up thing is, I thought I was doing the right thing by you."

"You... you were going through a lot."

"But that is no excuse." He shakes his head, "And I hate the thought of you looking back on the night that we spent here together and regretting what we did."

"Of course it hurts to think about that night. But I don't regret it. I don't regret any of the times we were together." She shakes her head

"I... loved you." She says. She misses the way he fidgets. "And I know you loved me, too."

"If I could go back, if I could... do things differently, I would."

"Conrad, it's okay. I mean, we both hurt each other a lot."

"And I don't ever want to hurt you again."

"I don't want to hurt you again, either. I mean, I don't know if it's something we can control, but, um..." She chuckles, "we can try."

"Friends ?" She laughs. He smiles before he holds his arms out. She immediately walks into them. She wraps her arms around his neck as she closes her eyes. He holds her close as he sighs softly. Liz reluctantly lets go.

She smiles softly at him as he nods. She turns away and walks up the steps. She exhaled deeply as she shakes her hands out.

Conrad watches her walk up the steps. He leans forward slightly before he sits up and turns. Holding his hand to his chest before he walks away.

______________________________________

The teens sneak into the living room as Megan and Laurel talk with Adam in the kitchen.

"Yeah. Thanks for coming all this way to back me up. They haven't been making it easy on me." Adam says as he takes a sip of his coffee.

"Oh, we're not here to back you up. We're here to back up the boys." Megan smiles