Lᴏᴠᴇ Fᴏᴏʟ

______________________________________

The teens all stood in the living room feeling defeated. Dakota walks out and runs up the stairs with Jeremiah right behind him.

"Dakota !" River calls out

They check every room before walking into Susannah's room and turning the light on. They stop as they look around. Dakota looks to Jeremiah who clenches his jaw. Dakota taps his shoulder as he walks out. Jeremiah follows him down as they walk back into the living room.

"Everything's gone." Jeremiah says. Conrad stares at him as he stays silent. They hear the door open and close. Conrad immediately rushes into the kitchen. Everyone following him.

"What the fuck, Julia ?" He says

"I'm sorry. This must be such a shock. I-I spoke to your father this afternoon, and-and he and I decided that it would be best not to drag this out any longer than necessary."

"I don't give a shit what the two of you decided on. You had no right to touch anything in this house. Those were her things."

"Breathe, Connie. Okay ?" Liz tries as she touches his arm

He shrugs her off. "Stop."

"Everything's in storage. I made sure that everyone was very careful with every single thing. I'm just doing what I have to do to sell this house."

"Bullshit. You could have said something. You could have warned us. All you want to do is fight our mom, constantly."

"Okay, enough." She says, "You're not the only
one that's hurting here. And I'm not the one you
should be angry with. Your mother could have warned you that this was gonna happen. She just wanted to make me the bad guy, as usual."

"I'm so sorry that she was too busy dying to make your life a little easier." He squints, "You know, it sucks that our grandfather loved her more than you, but I'm not surprised." He says before he walks out. Jeremiah tries to stop him, but he pushes him off.

Liz immediately follows behind him. "Connie, come on... No." She says as he walks out onto the driveway. "Connie."

He ignores her as he puts his phone to his ear. "Of course, Dad did nothing to stop her."

"Connie, what can he do ?" Jeremiah says

"Jere ! He doesn't care about us !" He yells as he turns around. "And this asshole won't even pick up my... calls." He says. He turns and looks at Liz. He then pans over to Skye as they walk out. "Did you know about this ?"

"Easy, Connie." Jeremiah says as he tries to stop Conrad from walking up.

"I'm, no, I'm serious. I'm serious." He says as he pushes his hand away. "Did you know about this ?"

"I-I didn't know anything, okay ? I swear I would have told you."

"Would you have ? Really ? Because we haven't seen each other in ten years. Would a day at the
boardwalk have been enough to make you betray your mom ?"