Lᴏᴠᴇ Sɪᴄᴋ

______________________________________

"What the hell do you mean why is she here ? She's the whole reason we found you." Dakota says as Conrad looks away from Liz.

"So this is why you haven't answered any of my phone calls and texts ?" Jeremiah says

"Jere. Jere. Did you not hear what I just said ? We're going to lose this house. Mom's house."

"Why would your dad sell this house ?" Belly says

"He's not. Our Aunt Julia is."

"Susannah's sister ?" Belly says

"Susannah had a sister ?" Dakota says looking to Belly

"Half sister. Apparently, the house belonged to the both of them. And then when Mom..." He stops, "Now Aunt Julia owns the whole thing, so..."

"Okay, we'll just call Dad and figure something out. That's it." Jeremiah says

"You think I haven't already done that ? He says legally the house is hers."

"Okay, then he'll buy it."

"He doesn't have the money to buy it. Between Brown and the medical bills and the..." Conrad starts

"Yeah, I know how much the medical bills cost because I was there." Jeremiah spits. "How long did you know about this and not tell me ?"

"Jere, this was all happening so fast. I was going to tell you after I'd taken care of it." He tries

Jeremiah chuckles humorlessly, "And this is you taking care of it ? Going AWOL, ditching school, not talking to us."

"Fuck school ! I don't care !" Conrad exclaims

"Connie, you have to go back or you'll fail your class."

"How are you going to become a doctor if you fail out of college, Conrad ?" Liz says

"You have no idea what you're talking about." Conrad says not even looking at her

"Seriously ? We went to Brown to check on your ass." Dakota says stepping up

"You know what ? I didn't think you'd pull this shit again. But you don't give a shit about anyone but yourself." Jeremiah says before storming off outside and slamming the door shut behind him.

Belly follows after him. Dakota looks to Liz who nods before he walks out with them. Conrad turns and leans on the fire place.

"Sorry if me being here is weird." She mutters, "So, the-the house..."

"It's for sale. And Jere doesn't even care."

"Of course he cares. But he cares about you more. After everything that happened... you go missing ?" She says as she steps closer. "I mean, he thought something really bad happened to you. We all did."