A King/ Ruler

Sensing my presence, Hiiro turned to me and asked a question.

"...are you sure?"

I wasn't entirely sure what he was getting at.

"About what exactly?"

"..This place. Are you fine with just 'acting' as a King?"

Hoh.. This is quite a surprise.. But..

His question began to make sense to me now.

He was asking Why I wasn't taking a more active role in governing the village. Rather than merely reacting to situations as they arose. He wanted me to assert my authority as a True King, instead of relying on someone else and distributing my power to someone else to rule in my stead.

Hiiro had an uncanny ability to grasp my intentions, even when I didn't explicitly state them.

I knew that I would soon become preoccupied with my broader plans, securing resources and allies for the future. However, I was fully aware of my responsibilities as the ruler of this village, and I had no intention of neglecting it.

"Don't worry. Just because I'm taking a step back due to a bigger picture doesn't mean I have no intention of taking care of this place. I am the Ruler of this place, whether I like it or not, but I don't want this place to become too dependent on me. Otherwise, it will crumble the moment, I am absent for too long, by any chance."

This was an undeniable truth, a fact deeply rooted in history, regardless of the world I was living in.

A Sovereign, shackled to the hollow expectations of his realm and its people, without any actual support, were nothing but a heavy burden to bear.

And Should the Sovereign falter and fail to meet the expectations placed upon his shoulders, both ruler and ruled would tumble into despair, in a future not too distant.

So, It was imperative, to nurture a society that was self-sufficient and fairly independent, a collective with the capacity for independent thought and the strength to uphold their Ruler rather than dragging him down.

Yet, amidst this pursuit of self-reliance, a haunting question lingered:

What if they were to turn their backs on their Sovereign, and raise the banner of betrayal?

But that's where the answer lies as well: Absolute Power.

From ancient times, all beings followed the strong.

And the most potent weapon the strong could wield was Violence – Merciless Violence that could strike fear even into the toughest of opponents, in times of need.

While I had given them some degree of freedom under my name and authority, it didn't mean I would allow them to cross the fine-line.

Because, It's not like I couldn't rein them in if they went too far.

I, as well, possessed the capability to employ that Violence when necessary, especially now as a monster devoid of humane remorse.

However, my restraint came from my past human experiences and my attachments to the people that are now close to me. They were the factors that helped me to held back from doing anything rash and reckless.

Yes, I couldn't deny, my actions were and are nothing but bizarre since I came to this world but still I was making sure I wouldn't make any unnecessary enemies.

Hiiro remained silent in response to my explanation, but I could sense him easing up a bit. He was a kind-hearted individual, genuinely concerned about the future of this place if I were to simply step back after appointing Rigurd as its leader. I needed to emphasize a critical point he seemed to have overlooked.

"This is our home now, and I'll protect it at any cost. That's why establishing a strong foundation is crucial, so we won't regret our decisions later."

Indeed, this was our home. His satisfaction showed in the meaningful nod he gave, assuring me that he understood my concerns.

"Besides, who says I need to be a King to protect a place I care about? I have the power to address such issues even if someone questions it, Do I not?"