The Armed Nation of Dwargon

(Rimuru's POV)

Finally, after a full week in Dwargen Nation, I was on my way back. It had been an eventful visit, to say the least. Our journey back, thanks to the direwolves, took only three days, a significant improvement over the months it would have taken us through conventional means.

However, the moment we approached the nation's gates, all our plans seemed to go out the window—almost quite literally.

Why?

Well, as soon as we reached the Dwargen Nation, we found ourselves caught up in a very "minor" conflict where sixteen individuals fled the scene, sixty were sent into a panic, and ninety-two ended up unconscious, according to our very own Great Sage.

I mean, hey, they started it first by 'trying' to resort to force.

Well, It all began with them harassing me, calling me a mere slime.

But, BUT, that wasn't the actual reason the conflict started, though, okay?

<.....>

Sigh~

Whatever.

Admittedly, I was a slime, but that didn't give them the right to look down on me.

So, I might or might not have transformed into Tempest Star Wolf, that was supposedly an evolved version of Ranga, and used a touch of intimidation along with some coercion in a loud howl to 'scare' them away.

Again, a very big emphasis on "Scare".

But come on, how was I supposed to know that those combinations would be very lethal to the crowd around me?

..... Ummm..... yeah.

And so, I entered the Dwargen Nation not as a visitor but as a potential criminal and ended up spending a whole day in prison.

Coincidentally, I had only brought Gobta with me, leaving the others at the edge of the forest before coming here.

During my time in prison, Gobta was fast asleep.

However, the dwarf guard who had imprisoned me turned out to be quite chill. I also helped him by providing a special concoction of a healing potion, courtesy of Great Sage, when they were in dire need of it.

And also, Technically, I could have escaped at any time, but I didn't want to turn from a 'potential criminal' into an actual one by becoming a fugitive banned from ever entering the nation again.

Running away would mean accepting the crimes, and as you all know, I was no criminal but a simple, loving slime.

Sparkle~~

There was a famous line, or rather a simple joke from a game in my world that applied to me here. It goes like, "I'm not a Bad Slime, you know!"

I know, I know.

It must be hard for someone who has never heard or even seen the game to laugh at that line, but still.. Let's hope, someday I can use it.

Anyways, I developed a friendly relationship with the guard, mostly thanks to potion I gave them and soon enough, he not only secured my release from prison but also assisted me in finding skilled craftsmen to bring back to my village.

He introduced me to Kaijin, a talented blacksmith, and three other equally skilled dwarves. And coincidentally these were three were the same dwarves who had been saved by the potion I gave.

So, I was in a good term with them and It made sense why that guard would bring me to them. They were quite happy to meet the person who provided them with a potion when they were in a dire need. They were yapping something about Full potion or something but I had a more important issue at hand.

Initially, Kaijin hesitated to accept my request due to a problematic situation he was facing with a minister in the nation.

This minister, Vesta, was the embodiment of a stereotypical villain, abusing his authority to burden Kaijin with an unmanageable workload and relentlessly undermining his accomplishments.

I could easily assist him by providing the necessary resources, materials, and even a copy of the product itself, which I did, gaining his favor in the process.

And after that it was cake.

Not only Kaijin, but also the three dwarf brothers, agreed to accompany me and lend their aid to the village.

With that, my mission was complete.

However, unlike me, who had completely forgotten about it, the dwarf brothers unknowingly insisted that we celebrate at a pub named "The Butterflies of the Night," a popular establishment in the area.

And there, I felt like I had found heaven—quite literally.

The ladies welcoming us at the pub were stunningly beautiful, dressed in transparent attire, and, most importantly, some of them had pointy ears.

Yes, they were Elves.

Ahhh...

Elves....

Yes, I had finally met them.

It was something of great importance I had nearly forgotten about.

Hmm? Was there something else? Well, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Elves...

Ehehehehe!!

Even now, I couldn't help but grin when thinking about the fun I had at that moment.

<...>

Ahem!

But that's not all—I also caught a glimpse of my potential significant other.

And Let me tell you, she was exquisite, with a slender figure and a kind demeanor.

I couldn't wait to meet her.

But, as usual, moments like these were always ruined by a villain who appeared out of nowhere. This time was no exception.

Just as I was enjoying the time of my short life, surrounded by the long-awaited beauties known as Elves, a certain evil minister named Vesta arrived at the pub and started to harass me.