8: Fuse (Crystal Fusion AU)

Sabres pov for the start of the AU! Time's is posted, but here's Sabre's. Plus there is something only Sabre's could show that I've been wanting to do.

— — —

Sabre felt tears prick his vision as Rainbow argued with him. They couldn't lose Rainbow! It was the only thing that's keeping all the other Steves' hopes up!

"I can't!" Rainbow cried, waving a hand, accidentally showcasing the destruction that the house was in. Lava gurgled in the deep cracks in the floor as fire took flame to the walls. Part of the roof caved in, sending dust floating in the air.

Sabre was pretty sure his expression matched Rainbows, except while Rainbow's tear rolled down his face, Sabre's kept on being soaked by his blindfold.

"Rainbow, please!" Sabre took a step forward, careful that he didn't step into lava. Last thing he needed was to accidentally burn himself. "Just talk to me! To us!" He replied.

His throat hurt from the yelling, but if it stopped Rainbow from unfusing with the crystals, Sabre would gladly give his voice away. He'll find another way to communicate.

"I can't be the hero the Steves need! You need!" Rainbow placed a hand on his chest. "Just please go away!"

"I'm not leaving without you!"

"Just go! I don't want to hurt you!"

Sabre hissed. What wasn't he getting?! "Just- Please!" A single bolt of lightning, searing itself into his vision as it burst through the roof. "Rainbow!" Sabre called out, before he turned to Time. Time stood there wide eyed and ramrod straight. "Time! Stop him!" Sabre gestured to Rainbow, who had more lightning striking down around him.

Time just stayed frozen. Sabre glanced back at Rainbow, as more lightning picked up, and then to Time. He still watched what was going on without a movement, completely frozen.

Sabre knew that people say that time seemed to slow down in certain moments, but he didn't realize it was quite literal.

Sabre's vision was slowly being flooded with white as more and more lightning struck down around him. He had to stop Rainbow, but how?! It's not like he could shake some sense into him!

Sabre took a breath. Maybe he could.

There wasn't a second thought after that brief realization. One moment he was standing, and the next he was darting towards Rainbow, hand stretched out.

Lightning stuck him, yet the pain it caused was pushed to the back of his mind.

Until he made contact.

For a brief moment, the only thing he felt besides the tightness caused by the lightning was Rainbow's arm under his hand. Warm underneath cold. Sabre saw Rainbow giving him a wide eyed look, tears running down his face, then white filled his vision and the only thing he could hear over the ringing in his ears was thunder.

Then the pain hit.

One moment he was standing, then the next it felt as if the lightning that was hitting him fused itself into his very soul.

He felt like screaming, yet the only sound that came out was a choked gasp, drowned out by the roaring of the thunder. Fire shot down his entire body, ramping to a new pain level every second.

His legs gave out, yet he couldn't even tell if he hit the ground.

Sabre was dying. He had to be.

You are not.

Who...

Sabre blinked, his vision quickly behind filled with spots. Orange was holding onto his arms, horror etched onto his face.