11-Lull (Unnamed AU)

Still the same AU as previous one.

— — —

Light watched as Green finished explaining the barebones of the situation to the other Leaders. They were all taking the news with different reactions, yet they all had shock on their faces.

Yell shifted next to him, picking at the stitches holding the leather chestplate together. He looked tired, even though it wasn't even past noon yet.

"...nothing?" Violet Leader asked after a brief bout of silence. "He doesn't remember any of us?"

Light nodded along with Yell and Green. "He showed no recognition to us." Light explained. "And Yell said that Sabre's first reaction to seeing him was to introduce himself."

"It was a shock, that's for sure." Yell mumbled. "He was so happy to see me."

Yellow huffed, crossing his arms. "How are we sure this isn't a trap from Void to get our guard down? Make Sabre look like he broke free to gain access here, and then turn around and stab us in the back."

"And that's where I can say for a fact that is not the case." Green interjected. "I sense no Darkness in him. Somehow, Sabre managed to fight out of it. Now the only thing wrong is a severe fever."

"He'll be okay?" Orange asked. Green nodded, much to everyone's relief. "Where is he now?" Orange tacked on.

"My place. Light stationed a few guards outside just in case. They're not in armor, so no attention is being drawn to the house. Sabre allowed me to put him to sleep after his pain kept getting worse."

"Will he awake naturally?" Blue asked. "I will admit, I don't know much about Green Steves' powers past healing."

Green nodded. "Unless I constantly push his conscience down, Sabre will awake naturally. Highly unlikely at the moment. His body is currently fighting some bug he managed to get."

Yellow groaned. "Wonderful. Sabre's back but not. Is there a way you could fix his memory Green?"

Green shook his head. "His memory loss is out of our control. There is no damage to heal, so nothing to fix."

Orange hummed. "Well, that's not ideal, but do you know what's the last thing he remembers? We could pinpoint what we need to tell him."

Yell winced next to him, drawing the attention of all the Leaders. He cringed under all the attention, but spoke up. "It's...weird." He began. "As I said before, when I first found him, he was really happy and look just ecstatic to see me."

"Do you know why?" Yellow Leader asked.

Yell frowned, looking troubled. "Yes, but that's what's weird. He said he and his friends thought all the Yellow Steves went extinct."

A silence filled the air. Yellow Leader looked almost sick at the mere thought.

Blue hummed. "Your right, that is odd. What would make Sabre think Yellow Steves were extinct."

Light cleared his throat. "That's not the oddest part. Do you guys know how Sabre ended up here?" A few nods and shakes of the head happened, depending on if they did or not. "Well, Sabre told me he entered a tomb and was brought here."

Green's head snapped to him at the new information. "That's what he said was the last thing he remembered though."

Everyone went quiet. "Anything else?" Indigo asked.

Light gave a tense nod. "Yeah. He knew Rainbow and Steves clearly, yet by his memory, Sabre hadn't arrived in our world yet."

"Rainbow?" Blue asked.