31: Close

And here it is, the final one! Oh boy, October went by with the quickness huh? I swear it feels like I just finished the first one, but here I am, at the end. It's going to be weird not getting a promt to write to now. I had a blast, and I hope everyone else did too.

— — —

"Come on Violet, we need to hurry."

Violet Leader looked up from the cake they were frosting, giving Light an honestly sour look for a Steve that represents love. "Light," Violet huffed. "We're fine. One, do you know how hard it is to actually decently frost a cake and two, they shouldn't be back until tonight."

"I know, it's just-" Light ran a hand through his hair, misplacing even more of the white strands. He leaned against the counter, careful to not disturb Violet as they worked. "I want things to go perfectly."

Violet hummed, tongue sticking out of the corner of their mouth as they frosted some green leaves onto the cake. They nodded at the section of leaves when the group was done. "I get what you mean Light, but being stressed—can you pass me the red frosting, thanks—isn't going to help anyone."

Light grabbed the bowl of red frosting and passed it to Violet, who began preparing it to go into a piping bag.

Light nodded. "I know, but-"

"We all want this to go well, Light." Violet sat down the spatula in their hand as they turned to face him. "We…we all want to do better."

A crash sounded from the living room, making both of their heads turn. They huffed when they heard the Orange Leader call out a simple, "I'm alright!"

Light turned back to Violet. "All of us are still trying to make it up for our actions, aren't we?"

Violet turned back to their work, but nodded slowly. "We all made mistakes." They grabbed the piping bag and put the red frosting inside it, cutting the tip and attaching a metal piece to it. Light had no clue how, but that's why Violet was the one frosting the Creation Day cake rather than Light.

In a few swipes, a red rose-like flower was frosted on the circular cake. A few more were placed close by before Violet switched the metal tip, soon piping out a different styled flower.

"I really hope Sabre likes this." Violet mumbled. "I feel so bad."

Light huffed in agreement, nodding slowly. "I don't know how we managed to not think about something this big."

Violet hummed, focused back on the cake. Light scooted the bowl of Orange frosting closer, ready to be passed over.

He could hear the Orange and Yellow in the living room, setting up decorations, while Blue and Indigo made sure there was enough seating and blankets for everyone. Knowing Sabre, they'd all end up spending the night, so it was best to make sure there was enough bedding to go around.

Elsewhere, M, Time, and Green kept Sabre occupied until the set time, which was creeping closer by the minute.

Light glanced to the side when he heard Violet set down the piping bag, the frosting almost depleted and a how array of red flowers covering a strip at the top of the cake. Light wordlessly passed the Orange frosting.

Violet handed him the metal tips. "Can you wash these please?"

Light took the tips, nose scrunching when bits of frosting got on his hand. He did what he was asking though, and quickly presented the freshly washed tips back to Violet.

"Do you think it's a bad idea to do a surprise party for someone who's known to attack first and ask questions later?" Violet asked.

Light paused, blinking. "That is… a genuine concern." Violet snorted. "I'm gonna warn the others real quick."