26: Animal (Crystal Fusion AU)

Sabre woke up slowly, feeling the cold ground underneath him and a warm body pressed against his side. He groaned, shifting as he blinked his eyes open.

The nighttime sky stared down at him, the moon a small crescent near the horizon as stars     peeked through the clouds. Sabre pushed himself up, the sand under his hands sliding from the pressure.

Movement caught his attention, and Sabre blinked down at the small dog using his legs as a pillow. "Wha-" He coughed at the roughness of his throat.

The dog—Tag, Sabre remembered, wagged her tail as she perked up. She nosed his stomach with a whine.

Sabre didn't think, running a hand down her head and back as he looked around; The situation coming back to him.

Light, the training, accidentally teleporting, Tag, then passing out, until he just woke up. Obviously it's been several hours, since the sun has set and night has taken ahold.

Right about now his friends would-

Oh Origin, his friends!

Sabre jolted, scrambling to stand up. They probably were extremely worried and he had to get back!

Tag jumped up, circling him a few times as she panted, tail going wild behind her. "Hey," He scooped her up. "We gotta go."

Tag barked, wiggling around before licking his face. Sabre stumbled forward, walking towards the forest that stretched out in front of him.

What he wouldn't give to be able to tele-

Sabre froze mid step. He was an idiot.

Okay. Teleportation. Basic power. He could do this. It didn't matter Sabre still no idea on how to activate them or anything!

Tag wiggled around, causing him to nearly drop her. He sat her down, watching as she ran around his legs a few times before trying to nose her way in between his legs. It was an adorable attempt, considering her nose didn't even reach mid-calf.

Tag looked up at him, barking. Sabre gave a small laugh, crouching down to pet her. "Your a spitfire huh?"

She licked his hand.

"I just need to figure out how to get home. Or somewhere with people." Sabre sat back down. He could work on teleportation sitting down.

Tag clambered into his lap, paws digging into his stomach as she tried to reach his face. She hopped off after a few seconds, running around him once more.

Sabre frowned. How did he teleport the first time?

He was running from Light, and wanted to get away. Was it that simple, just wanting to go somewhere?

"Tag." He called. Tag didn't stop her laps until he held out a hand, catching her attention. She hopped back into his lap with ease, demanding pets.

Sabre ran his fingers through his fur.

The Rainbow Hub. He wanted to be there with his friends. A lightning strike hit the ground nearby, followed by another.

Yes!

The lightning strikes fizzled out.

No!

Sabre groaned. Time number two. He could do this! Just had to keep the focus and not get distracted.

He pictured the Rainbow Hub. The portals with the pavilion in the middle. Sabre and Rainbow's home along with Time and Elemental.

Lightning struck around him, and this time he pushed down the excitement as more and more-

Tag barked, and the lightning stopped.

Sabre gazed down at the dog in his lap, who laid there staring up at him with innocent eyes. "You did that on purpose." He grumbled.

Tag panted, tail wagging. She barked a second time. Sabre ran a hand down her back, prompting even faster tail wagging.

Time three.

The Rainbow Hub. All his friends were there. The laughter that echoed around the walls on a good day. Time appearing with another baked good while Elemental tries to swipe whatever Time made. Orange running around with Gerald at his heels...

Lightning surrounded him, more and more coming down the harder he thought.

The lighting stopped, and exhaustion slammed into him. Tag barked, nosing his face.

When did he lay down?

Sabre blinked up at the...stone roof? He looked to the side, seeing a very familiar sight. The Rainbow Hub!

Sabre gave a small cheer, only to yawn. Another nap sounded nice.

"Sabre?!" Time's voice yelled, followed by rapid footsteps. Sabre groaned. He just wanted a nap.

Sabre blinked his eyes open when he felt a tap on his cheek. Time was suddenly there, looking down at him with worry. "Where did you go?! Are you hurt?!"

Sabre groaned. "'Ired." He mumbled. Tag pressed into his stomach. "Got a dog."

Time gave a brief laugh. "I can see that. Come on, you can sleep in your room and not on the floor."

Sabre went to push himself up, only to yelp when he was suddenly being carried. Sabre gave an unamused look at Time.

"I coulda walked." He yawned.

Time looked like he didn't believe him as he headed for home. Sabre blinked, forcing his eyes open with a yawn.

His bed sounded wonderful right now...

— — —

Words: 833