13: Cold (Betrayal AU)

Light is not having a good time.

— — —

Light stared down at the Crystal in his hands. His tight grip not letting it budge a single centimeter. The Rainbow Crystal glimmered lightly in the sun, sending multicolored streaks of light onto the grass from where the sun shone through the crystal.

Around him, Colorless Guards were busy as bees, taking down their camp. Their job was done, and now it was time to inform the Leaders of their success.

Light gripped the Crystal harder. After Void's body disappeared, the darkness that held it together fading, the Crystal was the only thing left. Ice curled up and around the Crystal, before Light caught himself and stopped the flow of ice.

He stood up, slipping the Crystal into his pocket and set back to work. He could deal with his emotions later when he wasn't surrounded by others.

Light tugged lightly on the Light Crystal energy, feeling the cold energy numb his emotions. Light fell back into a state he was quite familiar with. The one he dealt with when he first fused with the Light Crystal.

It was freeing in a sense, to not have to deal with emotions, just logic and facts.

The attack on Void's lair was successful, so they didn't need their camp. Because they don't need the camp anymore, they are taking it down. Since the camp will no longer be here, his guards will go back to where they originally were stationed.

Simple, basic logic. No need for emotions. They were messy and got in the way.

Void, smirking at him as he entered, before his smile fell at his appearance. Red coated his hands and armor and sword.

Oh origin he was using the sword that killed Sabre-

Fearing for his life as Void lunged and fired off attack after attack, neither one gaining or losing ground.

Void, seemingly distracted by the blood that coated him and Light slipping past his guard.

A slice, followed by a stab. Black and blue blood pouring out of Void, creating a terrible collage.

Light shook his head, ignoring the ice that crept up his hands and the pole he was holding. No one commented on the ice left behind each step.

They won, yet the atmosphere was quiet as each guard took in the fact the darkness was no more. Void was no more. Along with Soul and Corruption and Shadow.

And Sabre...

Light took a breath, before letting it out slowly. He felt the ice creep up his arms, the chill settling deep within him.

Sabre chose his path, and Light chose his own. Just because they started at the same place doesn't mean they'll end the same.

̶L̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶f̶e̶l̶l̶o̶w̶s̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶S̶a̶b̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶l̶e̶f̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶o̶n̶e̶.̶

̶L̶e̶f̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶L̶i̶g̶h̶t̶,̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶D̶a̶r̶k̶n̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶e̶p̶t̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶.̶ ̶A̶c̶c̶e̶p̶t̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶,̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶a̶b̶r̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶l̶o̶y̶a̶l̶t̶i̶e̶s̶.̶

Why didn't they realize how loyal Sabre was? Why did they never notice how much Sabre gave until they had to do what Sabre did?

Light exhaled sharply. Sabre had the chance to turn back, but decided not too. Light promised he would get him help several times, and Sabre denied them all.