PRESENT

Christian's POV

"Answer me ", Maria, who was sitting opposite me, came to sit by my side.

I took a deep breath.
"I haven't seen her after that day", I can hear the sound of my heart breaking.

"What do you mean? ", she asked, confused.

"It was true", I answered.
" What? Didn't she go to college ", she asked.
"She didn't come to college. I tried to call her, but to no avail. I checked her house, but she was not there", I tried many times. Her house was empty.

"She vanished from your life." Maria concluded.
"Yeah. Like a beautiful butterfly, she came into my life, gave me some beautiful memories, and flew away", I said, thinking about those days.
"Wow, I never knew you could talk a lot,", she said.

" Sometimes.  So maria I can't love any other girl. You have to tell your parents that you don't want to marry me ", I said.

Without a word, she walked out of the club.

This club and the alcohol are the only escape for me. Being an actor is not easy. But now I am good at it. The smile on her face came to my mind. I am mad at her. Why did she leave? If she doesn't love me, can she tell me it directly, or does it because she considers me as a stalker? Or something happened to her.

"Heyy handsome!" It was some girl. I am sitting in the VIP area so that my fans won't disturb me. But she was from the club. They arranged girls to please the VIP guests.

"I heard your story", she said. Only a few people know my story. I won't tell this to Maria if my dad doesn't ask me to marry her.

"Drink this", the girl poured the drink into my glass. I was already drunk, but I still took the glass.
"Now look at me. Think of me as Natasha," she said, taking my hand in hers.
"I may be drunk, but still, Natasha is Natasha, and you are some stranger. I don't mistook you for her." I took my coat and walked out of the club. My car was waiting for me.

I reached home and then my room with the help of my assistant. Where are you, my Nat? If I knew you would disappear one day, I would have tied myself to you.

In the morning

My head is spinning. I took a tablet and started rubbing my head. When I reached down, dad was sitting on the couch.

"Where were you last night, Chris ", he asked. I avoided his question.
"How long are you going to be like this ", he asked again, which I avoided again.

"You didn't forget about the function, right? It is next Sunday", he said. 
I nodded.

"So Maria has some purchasing for the function. You should go and help her", he said, not looking at me. I know what he wants, but I am not ready for this.
"Dad, how many times have I told you?", I don't want to repeat.

" Chris I want to see you married. Now you have a nice status ", he said, standing from the couch.
"But I don't want to marry anyone ", I was going to sit in the chair.
"You have to. I don't care about the girl. You can choose anyone. But you can't find one for you. So I found it ", he said, leaving no option for me.

I walked back to my room.
"Aren't you having breakfast? ", he asked.
" No. I am full now ", I answered.

" Chris I know you. But Natasha won't come back ", he answered. How does he know it? What if?

I don't care about that, but first I wanted to see Maria.

When I reached the mall, she was already searching for her dress.
"Heyy Christian", she waved at me. I wore a mask and glasses to avoid the paparazzi.

"What are you doing, Maria? Haven't I told you everything? Then why all these dramas?" I asked to her.
"Yes Chris. You told me everything. She is your first love, but I wanted to be your last", She took my hands in hers and looked directly into my eyes. 

"Maria, The Christian you see is a successful person. But there was a Christian. He was a bad boy, a troublemaker. You might be scared or embarrassed to meet him. Natasha changed me to this" , I pulled my hands away from hers. I wanted to show Natasha the Christian she always wanted to see.

"I know. But she is not here. You waited for four years. Do you think she will come back ", she asked.
"I don't know. Maybe she won't. But ", I don't have words to describe it to her.

"Christian, your dad is asking to marry you. The pressure my family puts on me is not simple. One day, you have to do it. So why can't it be me ", she asked. I know Maria. She is a successful woman. She got into trouble because of me.

" Maria I can marry you or anyone, but my heart doesn't belong to any of you", I said.

Dad has been wanting to see my marriage. I kept rejecting each proposal. Maria's dad and my dad were partners. So they made the proposal. She seems to have no problem with this relationship. But I have. I mentioned it to dad before. But this time, dad is not letting me go.

Don't forget to:
Votes❤❤❤❤
Comments ✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻