MY LIFE

Christian's POV

I wore a black suit. I am not interested in parties. My whole interest changed. I like spending time in my comfort zone. Me and my little room are my comfort zone. I can hear the sounds from downstairs. The party has started. Dad threw this party. He has no specific reasons for it.

I walked down. The hall is filled with many people. More are of his age. His friends and their wives and children .

All eyes fall on me. I gave them a fake smile, which I give to everyone.

"Wow, young man. You look so good. How is life? ", one of dad's friends gave his hand. 
"Good uncle ", I took it.
"You are becoming more and more handsome ", his wife gave me as a compliment. I just gave a smile as an answer.

"Heyy Christian ", it was Thomas uncle, aka Maria's dad. He called me toward his table.
"Hi uncle ", I sat on an empty chair. He also came with his family.
"Hi Christian, "Maria said shyly. She was now sitting in the chair beside me.
"Hi Maria,", I wished back and turned to look at my dad. He has a smile on his face. 

"You two, just go and enjoy the function. We have an important thing to discuss," the uncle said. It was enough for Maria. She dragged me along with her.

We chat with a few people. I don't like to make an appearance with her. But I have no other option.
" Christian. Talk to me," Maria said. She was holding my arm.
"I have talked about what I wanted. But I still don't understand why you are okay with this marriage. I can't love you ", I said clearly for her to understand. She didn't say yes to the marriage, but she is not saying no. Maria was going with the flow.

"A lot of boys proposed to me, but they were all after my money. So I thought it would be nice to choose a rich guy. We are equal in status,", she said, grabbing a plate.
"It is not like I am the last billionaire in this world ", I too grabbed a plate.

"And your story really fluttered me. You can love a girl truly ", she said. I didn't respond. What am I supposed to say?

After a pause, she asked, "Can I be the lucky girl", She was very serious. My eyes widened.

"I got an image of Natasha from your explanation. I will start behaving like her. How about that? ", she asked.
I stood up from my seat.
"What happened, Christian?" She was stunned by my sudden action. 
" Nothing. I am full", I said, but my plate was not touched.

I walked into the washroom.

The party ended late. After the conversation with Maria, I stayed in the room. She called me many times, but I made some excuses.

I was woken up by hearing my ringtone. I slept in my suit. I took the call.

"Heyy, bro", I hear the thunder-like voice of Philip.
"Yeah." My voice was hoarse.
" Oh. Did I wake you up? ", he asked.
"If you know, then why do you ask?", I was not in a good mood.
" Bro. I was curious to know about the party. How was it? And how is your fiancee ", he asked. He didn't get a flight ticket, otherwise, he would also be here. 
"Philip, she is not my fiancee ", I said, irritated.
"Calm down, Chris. She seems like a good girl ", Phil was also with dad.
"Philip, you know everything ", I don't have anyone supporting me.
"Chris, Natasha is your past, you should think about your future ", he advised me.
"I can't. You know how much I loved her. It has not changed yet,", I answered.

"I know it. You loved her very much. I have seen that. If she were here, then I would be ready to support you. I will always be there, but now she is not here. We don't know where she is ", Phil said.

"She is in my heart." My eyes are wet.
"Chris, are you sure that she loved you? She never said it", His words made me silent. She never said that. But she cared about me. Only she did that.

"Leave it. I will be coming next month or so", he said.
" Okay. I need to brush my teeth. Bye", I hung up the call. I need to meet Mr. Hills today.

I took a quick shower and looked at my appearance.

"That's fine ", I grabbed my key, and drove to the hotel. It took thirty minutes to get there. We were discussing the new project. After the discussion, we headed towards the hospital. Mr. Gover is in the hospital. So we need to pay a visit. I took my car, and they have their own. After the visit, we have to divert our paths.

"How are you, Mr. Gover? ", I asked the common question like everyone else.
"Fine Christian ", he said. The man is too old. He has difficulty speaking, so he answered with a tired smile.
"Visitor time is over ", the nurse lady said. We all walked out of the room.

"Okay, Christian. I will call you later", Mr. still walked faster than me. My phone rang. I was answering the call when my eyes met someone familiar. The same girl that I wanted to see, the same girl that left me four years ago.

NATASHA. 

She was looking for someone. Then a guy came out of the room to her and then they walked to the entrance.

Don't forget to:
Votes❤❤❤❤
Comments ✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻