Our suffering begins

London, 15 years earlier.
A hooded woman runs through the narrow streets of London. At her side, a child of up to three years old jumps, clutching her hand, trying to follow his mother's quick footsteps.
Bellatrix: Courage, Mattheo!
Mattheo: My, my feet hurt mummy....
She looks at him, her eyes dull and tired.
Bellatrix: Alright Mattheo!
She pulls out her wand and tells the child to hold on to her legs.
The two disappear in a black spiral and reappear in front of a row of cottages.
Bellatrix starts knocking incessantly until a tall man with long black hair impatiently opens the door.
Snape: Bella? You're early.
He says, motioning for her to come in. Without asking twice, she pushes Mattheo into the house and follows him.
The flat is dark, full of books and paperwork. Mattheo clings to his mother's skirt.
Bellatrix: This is no time to be afraid, little boy!

Severus sits them down in a room and offers the small child biscuits, which he refuses in scorn.
Footsteps are heard outside, and Snape walks in their direction, wand in hand.
He returns, accompanied by a woman with blonde hair and a man, also with long blonde hair.
Narcissa: Hello, big sister...

Bellatrix: CissyLucius: Where is the girl?!Bellatrix opens her cloak to reveal a ribbon tied from her neck to her waist, a small creature inside playing with the woman's necklace

Bellatrix: Cissy
Lucius: Where is the girl?!
Bellatrix opens her cloak to reveal a ribbon tied from her neck to her waist, a small creature inside playing with the woman's necklace.
She takes the newborn in her arms and hands it to her sister, who is entranced by her's beauty.
Narcissa: She is as beautiful as she is...
Bellatrix: You have the honour of choosing her name.
Narcissa: Bella, I can't.

Bellatrix: You always wanted a daughter and I have no idea what to call her, so do me the favour of naming her!
Narcissa doesn't answer and with a pained look she looks at Lucius who nods, his hand resting on little Mattheo's shoulder.
Lucius: It's time to go Bellatrix, the Dark Lord wants us to...
Bellatrix: I know what the Dark Lord wants, Lucius!
Silence falls in the room, then the little one lets out a whimper, attracting everyone's attention.
Snape: I will help Narcissa carry the children to your house, you may go without difficulty.
Mattheo takes Bellatrix's hand with tears in his eyes.
Mattheo: I want to be with Mummy!
Bellatrix: And let me go, you stupid child! Stop whining, this is the way it has to be!
She pushes him towards her sister, who instinctively begins to caress him and whisper sweet words to comfort him.
Bellatrix: Come on, Lucius, I have a lead on where that Mudblood family is!

Then she turns to Mattheo and the little one, who is now staring at her with his big blue eyes.
Bellatrix: Don't forget your father is the most powerful wizard in the United Kingdom, you must make him proud.
Mattheo.
Mattheo: Yes, mother.
Then he approaches the little girl and puts the necklace he was playing with around her neck.
Narcissa: I'll take good care of her, I promise.
Bellatrix: Of course you will, I can't imagine what the Dark Lord would do to you if anything happened to her!
Narcissa nods, takes Mattheo's hand in tears and they leave, flanked by Severus.

The three of them dematerialise in the Malfoy household, where a house-elf is playing with a blonde child.
Dobby: Mrs Malfoy, you are back.
Narcissa: Hello Dobby
The child lifts his face and bursts out laughing as he sees his mother smiling at him with a smug, loving smile.

Narcissa: Hello DobbyThe child lifts his face and bursts out laughing as he sees his mother smiling at him with a smug, loving smile

Narcissa: Mattheo, this is Draco.
Mattheo: How old is he?
Narcissa: Oh darling, he's only seven months old, he was born on the fifth of June.
Mattheo: She on the... this one....
He makes two with his little fingers
Narcissa: Yes, her sister was born two weeks ago, on the fifth of November.
Snape: Narcissa, I must leave you, I have things to do, I'll send you an owl to organise Mattheo's lesson.
Narcissa: So soon, he's only a baby Severus
Snape: I only follow the Dark Lord's orders.
Narcissa: Of course

She goes to his ear and whispers
Narcissa: You must not deal with me, I know you well, Severus.
He turns away and disappears.
Mattheo pokes his nose into the big, sad, cold house.
The house-elf approaches him and gently takes off his jacket, handing him a saucer with a large piece of chocolate cake on it.
Narcissa: Thank you Dobby, later you have to prepare the room for the children.
Dobby: Of course, Mrs Malfoy
The woman waves for Mattheo to take the saucer.

Dobby: Of course, Mrs MalfoyThe woman waves for Mattheo to take the saucer