"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"

Time After
Mattheo's POV

We headed for the greenhouses, quota morning in the first hour we have Herbology

We headed for the greenhouses, quota morning in the first hour we have Herbology. Fortunately, the wind that whipped our faces every time we went outside is over, but the usual English fog has descended around the school again.

Draco: How on earth are we going to find the bloody greenhouse in this fog?

After a few minutes of searching, we manage to find it, sitting around the twisted stump of a strange little tree. My sister and the three Gryffindors arrive shortly afterwards. I put on my protective gloves and, still facing them, began to work.

Aurora's POV
Me: Well, it's certainly interesting, but I don't understand why Dumbledore is showing you all these things, for what purpose?
Harry: I haven't the faintest idea, but he says it's useful for my survival.

A thorny root sticks out of the potting soil, I tear it off and, unnoticed, put it in my pocket and start squeezing as hard as I can.
Hermione: But if you think about it, it makes perfect sense to know Voldemort's past, otherwise how are you going to find out his weaknesses...?
Me: In my opinion, it's a waste of time.

Hermione is about to reply, but Harry cuts her off.
Harry: So how did Slughorn's last party go?
Me: You'd know if you'd been there! Anyway, it was fun...
Hermione: Yeah, for the little bit you were there, tell me where you always run off to during dessert.
Me: Sever... Snape gave me things to do for Potions

Hermione: Excuse me?!
Me: Yeah, it's a way of being better prepared, Snape wants Slytherins to excel at Potions.
Hermione: Anyway, Slughorn does nothing but strut and repeat that his students are all celebrities or otherwise famous in some magical way. And he's got his eye on Aurora.
Me: That's not true!
Hermione: Oh yes it is, you should see how he loses interest in conversation when you leave

Half an hour later
I put the green bacillus back in a jar.
Ron: What have you done to your hand?
Me: Ah, nothing, it's just these stupid prickly roots... ....
Hermione: Anyway, Slughorn's having a Christmas party.
Me: And this time Harry can't get away, he's asked me your schedule and the days you're free, so you're stuck.
Ron: And I suppose this is one of those parties reserved exclusively for Slughorn's chocolates?
Hermione: Yes, it's only for Slughorn, but Slughorn said we could bring someone...
Ron: I think Slughorn's looking forward to seeing you and McLaggen together!
Hermione: Ronald, I was going to bring you! But since you're so obnoxious, maybe yes, I'll ask McLaggen.

Ron blushes and Hermione slams her gloves on the table.

Mattheo's POV
Me: You've got to get out of there!
Rory: Excuse me? I'm gathering all the information I can to find out what Dumbledore wants with Harry.
Me: I'm not the one who's asking you!